Chapter 7 - Daddy

Start from the beginning

"Okay, so," he begins, "what I was going to say was-"

"Hey, Mason," Zeke smiles a fake smile and slings his arm around my shoulders.

Oh God.

"Zeke..." Mason says, looking at the assholes arm.

"What a coincidence seeing you here."

"How's it a coincidence? This is school," I ask while pushing his arm off of me.

He fake laughs, "Isn't she just adorable?" He asks an annoyed looking Mason, "Oh, have you seen her bedroom? So weird right? I mean, I was expecting the walls to be covered in study notes and bed covers and decorations that say 'I heart school', but instead, there were pillows with 'Live Laugh Love' written on them. Ironic considering she doesn't really laugh, or love, and she definitely doesn't live."

What did he do, analyse every object in my room?

Mason looks speechless.

"Wait," Zeke says in his fake voice, "You haven't seen her room yet, have you? Man, she must not trust you like she trusts me," he gives him a fake sympathetic smile.

This mother trucking asshole.

"Well, I better go." He walks backwards as he talks, "Nice chatting with you, Mason."

He winks at me before turning around and heading to his car.

Mason and I look at each other, both a little stunned.

"What – how has he been in your room?" Is the first thing he asks.

"He wasn't there for long. I didn't even let him come in, he just did. You see, it was when he walked me home after we hung out and my mom-"

"I thought you guys weren't friends? He embarrassed you in front of everyone, remember?"

"Yes, and we're not friends. I was with him because I-"

Shit.

I can't tell him that I babysit Zeke.

I look across the parking lot and see Cole, Isaac and the asshole himself, standing at his car smoking, and staring directly at me.

"- because I, I um, saw him. And he walked me to my house."

Mason looks at me, knowing i'm lying.

Damnit why do I have to suck so bad at lying.

"Oh," Mason looks around awkwardly. "Look, I need to go. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

I nod, feeling bad.

He walks away.

I am going to kill Zeke.

I stomp over to the asshole and push him against his car, then start hitting his chest like a crazy person.

"Why...the...hell...did...you...do...that?" I say between hits.

"What are you talking about?" He says, laughing as he tries to push me away.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Zeke Blakely!" I stop hitting him and stand with my arms crossed.

"What'd he do?" Cole asks.

"He told Mason some bullshit, and now-"

"Oh my God," Zeke interrupts, looking at me as if there's a huge spider on my face.

Oh, God, is there?

"You just swore!" He drops his cigarette and puts his hands on my shoulders, his mouth wide open.