Giving of Thanks

November 24, 2016

Mark's POV

Jacky💚~ Is it okay if I invite Felix and Danielle over, too?

Mark ~ Sure, babe!

Jacky💚 ~ Thanks, Markimoo! 😙

I couldn't help but blush at the last text he sent me. I was so incredibly lucky to have a boyfriend like Jack.

Jack had asked me if he could come over for Thanksgiving, and of course: I accepted. He was one of the very few things in my life I was really thankful for.

The students of Watchwood High were on Thanksgiving break, so I had a lot of free time. I spent the week playing video games and occasionally invited Jack to play with me.

Instead of cooking a traditional Thanksgiving meal, I decided to run to the store and bought a bunch of junk food for us to relax. To make sure I was hungry, I worked out for a couple of hours. Even though I lived alone, I knew how to take care of myself (I said, right after I also said our meal was going to be junk food galore).

(~~~~~)

6pm came around and the doorbell rang. I hopped up out of my chair and hurried to the door. I opened it and saw Felix and Danielle there. No Jack.

"Oh, hey guys..." I tried to say in the nicest way possible.

"I know you were expecting Jack, but there's no need to be rude." Felix remarked.

"It's fine, Felix. I understand how Mark feels. You come over to my house every day when I'm expecting my father to come back." Danielle said. Felix scowled at her.

"WOAH, ahem, uhh.... okayyyy let's head inside, shall we?" I changed the subject.

They walked inside, looking around at my house. Danielle inhaled, "Does it smell... different? around here?"

I inhaled as well.

The snacks were supposed to be a surprise, damn it!

"Uh, I don't smell anything. What do you guys want to do?" I asked.

"Kill myself." 'Joked' Felix.

We both turned to him furiously.

He immediately realized his mistake."Wha-OH SHIT, WAIT, I DIDN'T-" He sighed at himself and looked down. "Let's just play games... Jack should be here, soon."

Yeah, not the kind of jokes we want to hear.
(~~~~~)

*ding ding*

The doorbell. Jack was the only one who ever used it instead of knocked.

"He's here!" I lifted myself and hurried to the door. I fluffed my hair to make it decent-looking in the mirror next to my door.

I opened the door and saw Jack with three pizza boxes. He noticed me looking at it and said "I know it's not very Thanksgiving-ish, but I wanted to be a good guest and bring something." He shrugged.

I leaned into his ear and whispered, "Don't worry, I don't exactly have the traditional Thanksgiving meal either." I pecked a kiss on his cheek while I was there. We both smiled when I pulled away. I motioned him to come inside and he did so.

"Pizza that we weren't expecting is here!" I yelled to Felix and Danielle. "And Jack I guess."

"Hey!" We laughed.

I slowly shut and locked the door. Felix and Danielle came out of my room to welcome Jack.

"Sup, potato ." Felix said.