Hidden Hearts

September 7, 2016

Mark's POV

Jack woke me up. He stopped the pain he caused. He apologized in the most beautiful and sincere way possible. If I didn't forgive him then and there, I wouldn't forgive myself.

I'm not sure why he kissed Veronica. I was still pretty furious about that. But after hearing those words, it didn't matter at that time.

His beautiful words and warm embrace made me force myself to smack my lips onto his.

{*insert here the description that I wrote in the last chapter bc I'm not writing it again in a different POV 😅}

We released from our passionate touch and looked each other in the eyes. This time it wasn't an awkward 3 second glimpse. This time, it was a beautiful, alluring ocean that I stared into forever and that I had the time to admire.

His eyes were bloodshot from his crying, but even past the redness of his pain, I could see the beauty of the blueness.

We smiled as I noticed every detail of his eyes. Those hypnotizing turquoise pearls made me weak. I could look at them forever. Then, Jack broke our moment.

"M-Mark? ....You're alive?"

"No, ya doof, I'm an undead corpse." I booped him on the nose with my own at that silly question.

"I... I'm so sorry Mark... I was trying to protect you, and instead, I almost k-kil-"

"Jack, how would that protect me?"

His eyes widened and he stared into nothing. After a mere few seconds he looked down and stuttered out, "I-I can't say why... Not even in secret. If anyone in the school found out, they'd-.... They'd-....."

One more drop of pain slowly slid out of his already tear filled eyes.

I lifted his lowered chin up with my pointer finger. I put my left hand on his shoulder and reassured him, "Hey, Jack, you can trust me. You know that. What would 'they' do if 'they' found out?"

He removed my hand from his shoulder, and looked down once again. He sighed, and quietly said, "They'd kill you."

I took one step back.

"What?" Pft, they can't do that! Is that really what this is about, Jack? A bunch of stupid bullies with their idiotic words?"

"Mark... You're still new. You wouldn't understand that the bullies mean business. Have you heard about all the deaths that happen at Watchwood High?"

"Sixty... -five, right?"

"Yes..."

"But weren't those all suicides?"

"...... Most of them were forced suicides.... Very few of them were murders that every student on campus keeps their mouths shut about. The bullies love to use people to frame them. Even though they've never been caught. I've been their puppets for a while now, and I've been forced to blackmail people for them. Including... you..."

"And, did you find... Anything on me?"

"Mark, I am so, so, sorry... Believe me, I am... They forced me to find out about... Your past."

Your past.

Your past.

Your. Past.

No. Not about them. Please, not about them.

"Listen... Can we talk about this another day? I was never supposed to tell you this. If you say as much as a peep about this, they'll have all four of us."

"Four?"

"Felix and Danielle. They're not involved, but if I get in trouble, my friends get in trouble as well. The bullies have their own rules. I've learned them all too well. I have to go now."

Did that moment mean nothing to him? Actually, after everything he's been through, I should just let him go.

"Wow... Alright then, I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye babe- uhhh Mark. Bye Mark."

He left my room but quickly came back to note me on something.

"Listen, what happened here stays here. Until we're free of 'them' we can't express our relationship."

"So are you my...?"

"Yep!" He leaves after blowing me a kiss.

(~~~~~)

September 9, 2016

Yaaaay, Friday... Nothing in this school made me feel happiness after what Jack told me. Except for himself and our friends, of course.

The morning announcements came on.

"Good morning, Watchwood High students... Uhh, Jesus Christ I have a huge hangover- uhm... for lunch we have..."

A huge hangover? Pssh, you mean your normal status?

"Uhh, oh yeah, in a week or something -I dunno- we're gonna go on a field trip to another school in Hollywood. *not-so-quiet-mumbling: that cost me a fucking fortune, but for the sake of keeping this dumb school, why not.*"

I immediately lit up.

Hollywood? Fuck the bullies, I'm going to celebrity central with Jack!!! Oh wait... We're just friends for right now... Just. Friends. Well, even as friends, we'll have an amazing time. I just hope the students there aren't as shit here...

I glanced over to Jack, who had been moved to my class for constant disruption, and tried to talk to him with my eyes. He smiled back at me with his eyes by raising his eyebrows.

We're going to Hollywood, baby!!!

A/N YOU GUYS HAVE NOOOO IDEA HOW HYPED I AM FOR AN UPCOMING CHAPTER.... Cuz y'all don't know how this story goes! Nyeh Nyeh! ≧∇≦

An upcoming chapter will be quite a special one. Which chapter it will be depends on when I reach a certain... goal? (*'∇`*).... It might be next chapter or it might be in 5 chapters...? Who knows? Only you guys, and time can tell...

But anyways, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY.

If you liked it, PUNCH that vote button IN the face... LIKE A BOSS!!!

And! High fives all round! *Wa-PISH, Wa-PISH*

But thank you guys and I will see all you dudes..... IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!