The Holy Trinity

August 15, 2016

Mark's POV

I drove over to Felix's at around 4:50. His house was pretty nice. It was much bigger than mine { ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) }, probably because he lived with his parents, still. I walked up to the porch and knocked on the door.

I faintly heard people talking inside.

"Didn't you hear us talk? He pretty much sits next to you!"

That Swedish accent. It was Felix

"Of course I didn't hear you, that dumb bitch, Alexis was talking louder than fucking Spongebob's laugh!"

Umm, a different accent that I can't put my finger on.

"Still! I told you he was coming over! What, did you want to see him when you left or something?"

Silence...

"Fine, just help me sneak out the back door."

"Jack, it's your man crush, it's not like ISIS is hunting you down. The front door is right there."

Woah woah woah... WOAH. Did he just say *MAN CRUSH*???

The door flew open and I made eye contact with the man who opened it.

Through the open door came the most expressive eyes. They were the color of a clear blue sky through a broken prison wall; the color of a perfect raindrop on a blue aster; the color of a river hurrying to join the great ocean. When I met his gaze, I felt drawn into his eyes. The icy blueness generated a feeling like I was being pulled into a lake of frozen emotions. It was like all the myriad shades of blue swirled together to form a whirlpool of apprehension.

Woah. This is Jack? This is the guy that always hangs out with Felix and Danielle? This is the quiet guy I've heard disgusting things about  {that the author has yet to include}? This is the guy... that has a crush on me? It is. It has to be. The gray cap. He's the only one in the school with one like it. But his face. I'd never seen it. And his eyes. Oh, those eyes.

The soft color of his cheeks was exchanged with the red tinge of a surplus of blood flowing to his shying face. This moment only lasted three seconds long, but it felt like forever. He nearly shoved me to the side as he quickly walked away from Felix's house.

Felix came outside and leaned against the doorway. He looked at Jack walking away, but Jack didn't look back.

"Come on in, I need to tell you something."

I entered the Swedish man's house and I heard the door close and lock click. I was busy admiring his house. It looked so beautiful from the inside, or maybe I had never felt what a proper home feels like since my parents were gone.

I sat down on his black couch and looked at the game he and Jack were playing.

Jack...

Felix sat down on his armchair. He looked me dead in the eyes. I felt like I was being hypnotized into an endless abyss that I could never escape. Again, this only lasted about three seconds long, but it felt much longer.

"Jack,- uhm. Jack- likes you."

I just sat there, staring at his eyes. I knew he did. I heard it. You read it.

"Like, he LIKES you."

"I know."

"But, Mark, I mean, he likes you. Like-"

"Like a crush."

Then he sat there staring at me. Could it get anymore awkward?

"You-you know?!"

I nodded.

"Since when?"

"Since you yelled at him before he left..."

"Oh... Oh shit... Yeah, you know, I wasn't mad... He just tries to deny it even though he knows I know. He just can't do it yet."

"Do what?"

"Ya know, ask you out. He too hurt, from... last time..."

"Last time? What happened 'last time?'"

"That's something Jack has to tell you himself. You two haven't known each other long, so I doubt you'll hear the story anytime soon."

"Hmm... "

"Wait, do you even like guys?"

"Huh? Oh... Umm... That's kind of a- *clears throat*."

"Well?"

I saw a teasing smile grow upon Felix's face. He was not letting me out easy on this one.

"I've only talked to you for a week. How do I know you're not secretly the school's blackmailer or something?"

"What the fuck? If I was, Jack wouldn't even talk to me. He's hiding the deepest of darkest secrets, you know."

"Okay, but can I be honest?... I'm kind of questioning my own sexuality... You know, teenage years."

"Mark, it's either yes or no, or both actually."

I started thinking about Jack. His quiet personality... His eyes that hide secrets darker than hell itself...

"How can I trust you with a secret if you told me Jack's?"

"I'm trying to help my friend. I know you're not the guy to tell a secret. I can tell."

What is he, psychic?

"You know what, I'm calling Jack to come back. He can't have walked too far away."

"What the hell, why?"

"So you two can have a little playdate."

He emphasized the date.

I felt my face blushing furiously, so I rolled my eyes and looked away. I don't think he saw me, but... Do I really like Jack?

When Jack picked up, Felix was talking louder than usual, obviously for me to hear, but I was only a few feet away.

"Hey Jack, come back over. Mark and I aren't working on the project today, we decided to play video games."

And this is how I'll fail that class...

"Mark said he wanted you to come back to play with us."

"What the fuck?!" I mouthed to him.

He only smiled back.

He hung up and with a smile, told me quietly,

"He's coming back."

A/N
Sorry I haven't updated in a bit, I got writer's block midway through the chapter. It's a bit shitty, but it's all I could do.

But anyway, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY.

If you liked it, PUNCH that vote button IN the face... LIKE A BOSS!!!

And! High fives all round! *Wa-PISH, Wa-PISH*

But thank you guys and I will see all you dudes..... IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!