Sp00ky

October 30, 2016

Mark's POV

I walked out of the store, a light bag in my hand. Heading into my car, I fumbled around my pocket for the keys. I frantically felt every pocket until I heard a loud jingling sound behind me. I whipped my head around and saw Jack smiling and teasing me with my car keys.

He walked towards me, "Ya fookin idiot, you left yer keys in the cup holders." He chuckled.

We had just exited the store for our Halloween costumes; Jack grabbed a cookie costume, so I decided a cake costume.

"These costumes are absolutely everything!" Jack girlishly said.

"They are pretty cute..." I said, unlocking my car. I lifted my head up and looked at him, "but not as cute as you."

He looked down at the seat quickly, blushing. "Oh, shut up." He grinned from ear to ear.

On the ride to his house, I started conversation. "Sooo, are you going to Felix's party tonight?"

"I might, but I've been trying to get my grades up. You know, all of my absences and stuff. Ugh, why did Halloween fall on a MONDAY this year?" He complained.

"Dunno. It sucks. Come on, Jack! You can let loose for just one Sunday!" I insisted.

"But Maaaaark! You're asking me to go to a party tonight and trick or treating tommorow! I already have insomnia."

"Okay, how about this. Tonight, we'll leave no later than 9pm. Tommorow, we can leave as early as 8. But you really need to get your mind off of some things once in a while, ya know."

He didn't respond. I looked over at him to see him looking at me with an angered look on his face, which quickly turned into an unforced smile. "God damn it! Fuck you and your convincing, charming self!" We laughed together.

(~~~~~)

"Hey, Jack are you-WOAH!!!" I accidentally walked in on Jack changing into his black morph suit... which was only halfway up.

"FOOKIN JESUS, MARK! DIDN'T YOUR MOTHER EVER TEACH YA TO KNOCK?!" He yelled half embarrassed, half blushing.

"I mean, I'm enjoying the view..." I muttered.

He laughed, "Fuck off with ya!" and threw a sock at me.

"Alright, alright!" I began to run out of the room, but not before glancing just a little more...

"MARK!" Jack caught me.

"Okay, I'm done!" I jogged to my own room to get my cake costume.

(~~~~~)

After realizing I wouldn't fit in the costume while driving, I had to drive with the costume in the back seat while I was driving in the morph suit. We arrived to Felix's house where there were a bunch of lights and fog machines.

"You go ahead, I'll change somewhere." I told Jack.

"Okay!" He happily skipped with his little cookie costume.

I scurried behind a nearby bush with my cake costume.

...I forgot my shoes...

I slipped it on quickly to make sure no one saw me. I slowly walked passed the pointy rocks and across the road to my car. I opened the back door and grabbed my red shoes. I headed into the party and saw the kids. The kids that always try to make our lives hell.

I hung my head down to ignore them... But my red hair didn't exactly help.

I pushed through the huge crowd and looked for green. The lights were going crazy different colors and it was difficult to find Jack.

Since when was Felix so popular?

While trying to look for Jack, I ended up bumping into Danielle.

"Danielle?" I yelled over the music.

"Mark?" She yelled even louder.

I got closer to her so I could talk quieter. "Why are there so many people here?"

"Oh, well apparently some kid overheard Felix inviting me to this party and he knew how rich Felix was, and you know all the gold diggers at Watchwood..." Danielle explained.

"Of course I do... Hey, do you know where Jack is?" I asked.

"I thought you would have been with him?"
"Yeah but I had a wardrobe malfunction and I told him to go ahead of me... You don't think-?" I was worried sick.

"No. That can't happen again. I'll tell Felix and we'll find him ASAP." Danielle understood.

"Right." I turned around and started scrambling around to find Jack. There was no use in asking anyone here, everyone hated me for "sinning".

Of course, I found him in the last place I looked, which, knowing Jack, should have been the first place;

The food table.

I let out a huge sigh of relief and rolled my eyes. I walked up to him and accidentally scared him.

"Jack?" I tapped his shoulder.

He turned around, "Mfmmphh?" His mouth was full and his lips covered in crumbs. I looked down at his hands to see at least a dozen cookies piled in his arms.

"Hey, that's cannibalism!" I joked.

Jack ended up laughing so hard he choked on the cookies and had to spit them out. He was still laughing after he coughed up the cookies.

After he calmed down he followed along, "*gasp* Brothers!!! Forgive me!" he got down on his knees and pretended to cry. "I have forsaken you!"

We both laughed at our corny jokes. I pointed at the punch bowl. "But Jack, get this! You haven't heard the punchline yet!"

Jack pointed at the crackers, "You CRACK ME UP, MARK!" {I'm not kidding, my friend and I almost died today making these kinds of puns.}

"AHHHAHAHAHA!!!" He couldn't handle it. This was the kind of fun I liked having with Jack. Both of us had began laughing so hard our laughs turned into painful quiet wheezes.

"Whew, oh God." We wiped away our tears and Jack's face was tomato red. I helped him get up.

"Let's just find Felix and Danielle and chill for a bit." He suggested.

(~~~~~)

October 31st, 2016

"I can't find the bags!" Jack yelled across my house.

"They should be under the bed!" I yelled back.

"Found 'em!"

I went into the guest room where Jack was. I motioned him for us to leave. "Come on, we gotta leave, now! All the little kids are taking all the candy!"

"Why do we have to dress up for this? I understand that yesterday was a costume party but can't I just go in some joggers and flannel to call myself a lumberjack?" Jack complained.

"First of all, these are the only costumes we bought. Second of all, the cuter the costume the more candy. Third of all, we're grown ass teenagers and we need to be at our cutest. Fourth of all, the other cute kids are taking all the candy so let's go!" I rushed out of my apartment and I saw Jack slowly following behind.

(~~~~~)

We arrived back home after a long night of trick or treating. Jack plopped down onto my couch in exhaustion. "Jesus, I walked too much."

"We were in my car..."

"Still, walking from a car to a house is a lot. It's a workout. I'll reward myself with all this candy."

I chuckled and began digging through my own candy.

We shared each other's candy and snuggled in to watch TV for the rest of the night.

"This is better than any Halloween I've ever had."