Don't Die On Me

September 7, 2016

Mark's POV

*bang bang... BAM*

No, this is how I die.

----------

September 7, 2016

Jack's POV

I felt like absolute shit. Felix texted me during class saying he followed Mark running away from school and then fainted on the sidewalk by his house.

It's all your fault, you stupid idiot. There was another way to protect Mark. And you chose the worst one. Now all you did was tear him apart.

I didn't focus on the lesson at all. How could I? The man I loved collapsed from a heart break, because of me.

Because. Of. You.

Once that class ended, I dashed to Felix's place. I heard Veronica's voice calling me, but she was honestly the last person I wanted to see right now.

I arrived at Felix's and pounded on the door with all my might. He answered a few seconds later.

"Jack, what are you doing here?"

"Where is he?"

"Where is who? Jack, what is this about?"

"Mark, Felix, where is Mark?!"

"Why would you care? Isn't Veronica enough for you?"

I felt resentful towards him at that statement. I don't know why, because he was right. After all, it was my fault Mark became the way he was. I grabbed him by the collar, walked in his house, and pushed him up against his wall. I stared into his eyes with hatred and and asked him one last time.

"FELIX, I'M NOT FUCKING AROUND, WHERE IS MARK?!"

I felt my eyes watering up and the tears dripped down my cheeks. The coldness of them mixed with the hotness of my face made a stinging sensation.

Without changing his expression, he replied, "He's at his home. I hope you treat him better than you already have..."

"AND WHERE DOES HE LIVE?!"

He gave me his address and I let him go and sprinted to Mark's house.

Oh, Mark. Please find it in yourself to forgive me, because I can't do it myself.

(~~~~~)

When I got to his front door, I gave five quick knocks.

No answer...

I gave three slower and louder knocks.

No answer... Again.

I heard strange sounds coming from inside. I put my ear to the crack of the door to listen closer. I heard wheezing and coughing from inside.

It was Mark.

I knocked so hard my knuckles got cuts.

"MARK?!?!"

I couldn't wait any longer. I tried to open the door and to my surprise, it was unlocked.

I frantically ran around his house trying to find him.

"MARK?! MARK, PLEASE, WHERE ARE YOU?"

After searching many rooms and yelling his name out multiple times, I finally found him, in what I assume is his bedroom. He was curled up into a ball on the ground and struggling to breathe.

"Mark. Mark, no..."

I didn't know what to do. My best friend was dying in front of me. That thought came back to my mind.
Because. Of. You.

"MARK! MARK, BREATHE! PLEASE, I'M SORRY!" I shook his body as I panicked. More tears started flowing out of my eyes.

I had no idea if he heard me. It didn't matter. He stopped, completely. He was quiet. I checked his pulse, while still trembling in fear. It was there. It was very weak. It was almost gone. Just like him.

Without thinking, I immediately smashed my lips against his. I attempted to give him CPR, but it wasn't working. I pumped his chest with my hands, trying to give him breath. I tried this over and over again, with more tears every time.

His pulse was gone.

I gave up.

I realized how selfish I was being. I broke his heart to keep my reputation safe. I took advantage of his love. I never told him how I felt, and I don't know if he even knew. Now he never will know, because he won't have the life for me to tell him. I was only saving him so I could enjoy his company. His smile. His laugh. The happiness he brought me. I was only saving him so I could feel his love again. And I gave up trying to save his life. He didn't deserve this.

I pulled him in for our first and last kiss. My heart raced at a billion miles a minute. I finally kissed him. And he won't feel it. Only I can feel it. I saved the love for myself. I hated myself for this. I wish he was here to experience it. To experience how happy I was so I didn't feel so bad.

To experience how happy you are, so YOU don't feel so bad?! How more selfish can you get, Sean?

I pulled him away, still in my arms.

"I'm sorry, Mark. I'm so, so, so, fucking sorry. You don't deserve this. You don't deserve me. You deserve someone who treats you the way Felix and Danielle treat me. And unlike me, you'd actually deserve it. Why did you fall in love with me? All I did was break you. All I did was kill you."

I hugged him so tightly that if he was alive I would have killed him again. He was the shoulder I could cry on. He was the one I depended on. And he's dead.

B e c a u s e . O f . Y o u .

A/N Ayy lmao. We got to 125 reads! You guys are the best... I have nothing else to say, except:

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY.

If you liked it, PUNCH that vote button IN the face... LIKE A BOSS!!!

And! High fives all round! *Wa-PISH, Wa-PISH*

But thank you guys and I will see all you dudes..... IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!