Six : Trying to Understand

"So, you do like them, don't you?" Yejun asked out of nowhere, laying down on their school grass field, staring at the sky. Jimin almost choked on his food and immediately reaches for his water bottle, dunking half of it. Afterward, he looks at Yejun strangely.

"What do you mean?" It's to be expected for his friend to ask strange question like this ever since Jimin told him about his members. Yejun are always excited (even though he denies it) whenever Jimin talks about them. It's like watching a fangirl getting enthusiastic over her 'oppa'. Jimin chuckles and coughs to cover himself when he sees Yejun judgmental eyes out of corner.

"We all know you like them."

"Yejunnie, it's only two of us here."

"Whatever, just admit it." Yejun finished lamely. Jimin smiled sheepishly to him. He knows what Yejun meant, after all, this is the first time that he trusted someone easily (Yejun does not count) and that's why he's moping around after the 'incident' occurred. He gave his trusts to them so easily that it hurts so much when they decided to broke it.

They do not talk nor continue the conversation for a while. Both of them are enjoying their break time away from all the noise in the canteen. The chirping sounds of the birds made the environment better. If there's one thing that Yejun and Jimin have in common, it's finding solitude. They love staying together in one quiet place without talking for 1 hour. They think it's beautiful to feel your surroundings by not talking, just feeling each other presence is enough.

"Are you okay with them?" Yejun questioned him again, now moving over to lay on his stomach, staring intently at Jimin. Jimin gave him a small smile.

"I like them, we're not perfect."

"That's not what I asked, you stupid fool." Yejun brought his hand over and hit Jimin's head gently. Jimin became pouty after that. They became silent again for a few minutes until Yejun sighed and decided to get up from his position. When standing, he looks over to Jimin, "You don't have the right answer for now, don't you? It's okay, take your time and learn about them. Prove them wrong, Jiminie. Prove them that you're better than what they're thinking." Yejun advised Jimin, smiling gently to him then walking off announcing to Jimin that the 'nature calls'. The latter only nodded and waves to him.

After a short time, Jimin copied Yejun action before and laid down on his back with his arms sprawled. He stares at the sky and clouds as if he's searching for an answer. Often time he thinks he's worthless for feeling this way even though they just met with each other. He shouldn't be having this kind of 'deep establishment' towards them. He knows they cannot return that sentiment the same to him. Jimin heaved out a heavy sighed and covers his face with his hand. He thought about the dance teacher, vocal teacher, his parents, brother, Yejun and lastly, them. He feels as if there's some kind of special bond with them. He wants to work harder to improve their relationship but at the same time he's afraid to do that.

Jimin's aware not everyone is going to like him and he knows that he's going to be the least popular in their group. With this chubby cheeks and fat thighs, who will love him? Jimin thought anxiously. Soon after, the bell rang snapping Jimin out of his 'dark' thoughts. He impulsively stands up and gathers his lunchbox. He goes to his class with a new determination, to fight off all the negative thoughts and be brave.

ε=ε=ε=ε=ε" "(/*'-'*)/---(๑'•ω • '๑)

The school is over in an instant. Many students suggest their classmates to go somewhere after school. Tomorrow is weekend so it's not unusual to see students going out at late night happily with their friends. All of them except for trainee like Jimin. Jimin upon hearing this pouts sulkily knowing he has no chance of going out but getting stuck with his training. Yejun patted his shoulders sympathetically saying he has no chance too, after all, he failed in two of his quizzes so he needs to study on the weekend. Jimin replied him back with an apologetic smile. Together, they walked out of the school building talking about Yejun's scores. Jimin shakes his head seeing how relaxed his friend despite on the verge of failing. While they were talking and walking, Yejun suddenly stopped on his spot and pointed out something in front of them. When Jimin turned to see, he saw one of his group members, Rapmo—no, Namjoon.