Not promised promises

After fifteen minutes or so we parted. I smiled weakly at Alice, who's eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. Alice tried to smile back at me, but it didn't really work. I sat down to the chair next to her and pulled my plate closer to me. Alice sniffed, which was cute and a bit disgusting, because her nose was running, but it was mostly cute. I grabbed a napkin from the middle of the table and gave it to her.

"Come on, stop crying. Auntie will think that I'm bullying you."I joked and that made Alice crack a closed mouthed laugh. She took the napkin, then blow her nose out in a really not elegant way, which I didn't mind at all. This shows that she finally feels comfortable around me. After she finally blew her nose out and wiped away her tears, I grabbed my fork.

"Let's dig in!"Alice nodded and we started to eat in silence. It felt too awkward for me, so I decided to start a conversation.
"So, when are you coming back to school?"I asked her. Alice put her fork down and signaled me to wait until she swallows the piece of pancake, that she had in her mouth. I give her one more week or so. I don't think that she's in the condition to go to school just yet.

"Tomorrow."she replied.

"But you are still-!"I exclaimed but Alice silenced me.

"I'm better. I just can't use my hand."she raised her arm. I frowned and shook my head.

"That doesn't mean that you are better! You need to rest and school isn't the place for that."Alice frowned, she knew that I was right. School is tiresome the way it isbut in Alice's case it's different. She has to put up an act and lie to everyone. Not to mention, that her minions would only stress her out and annoy her. And the worst part is that I can't defend her in schoolI would only make things worse.

"Don't make that face."she chuckled, trying to make less concerned. I put up a little smile for her, but I was still really worried. She saw that my expression was still concerned and sighed.
"Don't worry about me. I'll be okay."her words were lies in my opinion."If something happens, I'll call you or Blue." Just as I was about to open mouth someone spoke up from beside us.

"You better do! Or I will hunt you down personally."I looked at Alice surprises who was looking at me with a similar expression. We both snapped our head to the left to see a blue haired girl in an apron. She works here? Wow. That's so cool! I wanna work here too! No you don't. Yes I do. Everyone knows that you are too lazy. True, but I can try.

"Nice to see you."I greeted and she showed us her well known smirk.

"Yo."Alice facepalmed herself, then rested her head on the table.

"I forgot that you are covering my shift."her muffled voice was heard. Blue grabbed our empty plates and mugs.

"Wait! You both work here?!"I asked them after the realization hit me. They nodded and a big smile crept on to my face. They looked confused.
"Then I will start to work here too."I announced. Alice and Blue looked at each other and when Alice wanted to protest, Blue spoke up.