Thirty-nine

Thirty-nine

S T E P H A N I E

Too much had happened in five years. I spent those years with Princess and I couldn't be more thankful for that.

Princess and I took Fashion Designing. Tita Denise, Princess' Mom hired me as one of their designers under their growing clothing industry—it's already a company, finally! Ang clothing nila ang madalas na pinipili at pinupuntahan ng mga kilalang tao. Hollywood starts or even local artists. They have tens of designers under different categories. From wedding gowns, ball gowns, long gowns, cocktail dresses to casual clothes. They all have it and for their clothing line to be known and recognized—they have tens of models, which includes Princess.

Sometimes Tita Denise allows Princess to design some of the clothes and model it. But most of the times, she models it. Minsan lang mag-design ng damit si Princess. Ang dahilan niya sa akin ay wala siyang inspiration.

When we were taking our degree, she was known because of her dark designs. Most of her designs vary in dark colors and it always expresses grief and sadness which makes it more appealing to the eye of everyone. That's why she perfectly fit to model dark clothes—it's in her eyes.

Over the years, Princess features matured a lot. She's a grown woman now, sexier and prettier. Kaya nga siya naging model. She didn't get in because they own the company. Dumaan siya sa tamang proseso. That was her Mom and Princess wanted, para walang masabi ang ibang tao.

Princess and I live under the same roof. Tita Denise offered us her house, so we could live with her, but Princess refused. Told her she wanted to be independent.

But over the years, she's become colder and colder until you could see it in her eyes. Our first month here wasn't good. Parati siyang nagkukulong sa kwarto and lalabas with her puffy eyes. I observed for days until one night she came home drunk. She was crying silently. I was just sitting next to her until she hugged me, telling me not to leave her.

I didn't and I wouldn't.

Binaba ko ang hawak kong sketch pad when the doorbell rang. I checked the time, 9:30PM. Bumaba ako ng hagdanan para buksan ang pinto. Sumalubong sa akin si Princess na may dalang lalaki at nakaakbay sa kanya. He was smirking and licking his lips. Hinila ko si Princess papunta sa tabi ko. She kissed my cheeks.

I raised my brows when the guy looked offended sa ginawa kong paghila.

"Thanks for dropping her off. You can go now."

Hindi ko na hinintay na makasagot siya. Sinarado ko ang pinto sa mukha niya.

You are not getting any pussy tonight, boy!

Naglakad si Princess papunta sa living room at binagsak ang sarili sa sofa. Sinipa niya ang suot niyang heels na tumilapon sa kung saan. Umirap ako at pinulot iyon para itabi. I marched towards her and put my hand on my hips.

"Ano na naman ba 'yun, Wreakcess?"

"What?"

"Bakit may lalaki? Bakit lasing ka na naman?"

She chuckled. "Drinking is fun. C'mon, Bitchnie!"

Nag-init ang ulo ko. She's not taking this seriously, huh?

"Hindi ka na ba magtitino? Parati na lang ganyan. What if may gawin silang masama sa'yo? You're drunk and not even capable! What if sa ibang lugar ka nila dalhin and gawan ka ng masama? Hindi mo ba naiisip 'yon?"

"You are over reacting," walang-gana niyang sagot.

I still pushed myself to shout. Tumataas na ang tone ng boses ko at ngayon lang kami nagkaroon ng ganitong away ulit. Parati ko siyang iniintindi but this is too much! She needs to look after herself or else she'll get hurt. Sakit siya ng ulo!