7 | "I know twenty of your kind."

Start from the beginning

I nodded, "Yup..."

It was kind of awkward because I didn't like him and the best part was that I didn't even understand why I sat down next to him.

"So you wear glasses ?", he said matter-of-factly, not looking up from his phone.

My hand immediately shot up to my eyes to feel the glasses on it. I totally forgot that I was wearing them.

"Don't worry, they look cute on you.", he said.

Silence. I mean what should I say now ? It's not like I pay attention of what he thinks of me.

"So, wanna tell me what's up with us and sudden encounters, Laura ?", he asked before turning towards me suddenly, making us have eye contact.

I shrugged, "Well, I don't know.."

"Than maybe you have answers for my other question.", he said.

"Which would be...?"

"Why don't you like me ?", he asked.

I let a few seconds pass before breaking the eye contact and looking straightforwardly to Eva and the other boy.

"Was that a rhetorical question?", I asked while raising my brow.

I heard him chuckle beside me. "You have such an interesting personality, Laura."

I turned towards him and sighed, "What's up with you and calling me by my name at the end of every sentence you say, even though no one else is here who would feel addressed."

He chuckled, "Well, I have to find a way to remember your name, right Laura ?", he said before adding, "I could call you other nicknames though."

I raised my brow and looked at him, "You mean the nicknames you call your girlfriends ?"

He looked at me for a second and by the looks of it, something about my phrase bothered him but he than only answering, "No, I've got plenty of special ones for you in mind."

I laughed briefly before leaning back on the bench and continuing to watch over Eva.

"You know, you're the most prejudiced person I have ever met. You don't even now me but assume so many things already."

I shrugged without looking at him, "I know twenty of your kind."

I saw him watching me from the corner of my eye. "Don't think so."

I than turned towards him again and raised an eyebrow while saying, "What makes you have a difference from the usual players ?"

He shrugged while having a small smile on his face, "Guess that's for me to know and for you to find out."

He than started to stand up as the sun was slowly going down.

As I had a confused face expression on my face, he looked down at me and laughed before saying, "Does Laura feel sad that I have to go now ?"

I briefly looked at him before standing up too, making me notice our big height difference, damnit.

I rolled my eyes, "In your dreams, Lynch."

"Ohh, we're at the calling-eachother-by-the-last-names- stage already ?", he joked, making me grin slightly.

"Whatever, see you around." I turned around and was about to call Eva before he spoke up again.

"Are you coming to Chris' party on Saturday ?", he asked.

I shrugged, "Not sure about it yet."

He than nodded before walking ahead and telling Chris that they have to go now.

I stood there for a few seconds before starting to walk towards Eva and taking her by her hand. "We have to go now, say Chris goodbye, alright ?"

"We have to go already ?", she pouted.

I nodded in response before seeing her wave to Chris. "Goodbye, Chris. I hope that we can continue to play in kindergarten tomorrow !"

He nodded eagerly with a big smile on his face, "Yes !"

I than had brief eye contact with Ross, to see him smiling at Chris but it was different from the way he usually did. It wasn't his typical signature smirk or grin.

He literally smiled a genuine smile.

°°°

HIIIIIIIIII GUYS !

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS IS GOING TO BE A LONG ONE SO BE PREPAREEEEED ! :)

I wanted to ask you guys; What do you want to happen at the party ?

Fave Line ? <3

Love you guys, have an amazing day

-t.