chapter forty-five

ABBIE'S POV

I just didn't know how to feel, what to say or do. He came back. For me. Yes he'd probably been drinking, but that wasn't one of my main concerns right now. He'd came back. This pretty much ruined all of my back up for moving away, so I had to stay really.

I'd spent most of the night tossing and turning in Jai's bed. He was sleeping on the floor below me, and I was too scared to leave in case I woke him. Plus, I wasn't intirely ready to talk to him. I knew I was gonna melt straight away, so I had to mentally prepare myself.

I thought about every thing he had ever happened between us and what I could say when they were brought up. I know I'm pathetic, but it just made me feel better and helped me to stop panicking.

I eventually looked at my phone, blinded by the brightness of the screen. It was 4am. I mentally groaned and tried to get out of the room as quietly as I could, with little success.

"Abbie?" Jai asked, his voice musky as he had just woke up.

"Yeah Jai?" I asked back.

"Phew, it's you." I turned on the light and made my way back to the bed.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm scared Abbie." He whispered. I was really confused.

"Why?" I asked, curious to know the reason.

"I don't want to loose you." He said, virtually only just audible.

"You won't loose me Jai." I said, sitting on the floor beside him.

"Yes I will. Luke's back, and you'll have him. I won't be needed anymore." He sighed.

"Jai," I hugged him tightly. "You will always be my brother, nothing more, nothing less. Forever and always." I smiled.

"What if you won't be though? What if things change again? I can't stand him having you when I know I can treat you so much better."

"Jai, you know how I feel. I've made myself clear that we couldn't be together." I said, playing with his fingers. I hated feeling like I'd led him on. That wasn't my intention whatsoever.

"I know that Abbie, I just don't want to see you hurt again."

"Don't worry you won't. Anyway, I don't even know if me and Luke will ever get back together." I shrugged.

"I'm sorry, I'm being a baby about this. I need to grow up and get over the fact not everything always goes to plan." He said, not looking at me and taking his hand back. "What time is it?"

"Just after 4."

"In the afternoon?"

"No, the morning. Go back to sleep." I told him.

"Cya Abbie."

"Bye Jai." I said after I got my laptop. I turnt the light off and shut the door behind me, realising how early really was because of the silence that was in this usually mega noisy household.

I thought I was gonna be able to dodge having that conversation with Jai, because either he just didn't want to talk about it, or I'd got out of the room unnoticed, but no. I traipsed down the stairs and into the kitchen, and I went to get some fruit, but then laughed at myself and grabbed some nutella and a spoon. If work could see me now, they'd probably stab me. Oh well, right now I didn't care enough to stop.

I sat on tumblr eating my nutella like a real hipster would. {A/N- I'm being sarcastic ok just saying}. After around half an hour, I heard footsteps quietly coming down the stairs and Luke came into the room and sat next to me on the sofa.