chapter twenty-one

*ABBIE'S POV*

My heart felt like it had stopped beating.

"What?" I choked.

"Abbie, you can't tell Julie.. Please," Beau begged.

I didn't know what question to ask him first.

"Didn't Luke get help? From the hospital?"

"No.. Not from the hospital." Beau explained.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I sobbed.

"I wanted to Abbie, I did, but Luke didn't want to scare you away."

"Scare me away? What was he thinking? Did he think I'd be happier once I found out he'd kept it from me?" I shouted.

"Ab, I know you're angry, but please, please don't take it out on me. Lets get you to physio and therapy, and then talk to Luke. Yeah?" Beau said slowly.

"Beau, if he finds out, I'll be dead meat. He'll have to know about Joe today and I don't want him to, because I don't want him to go and find Joe and get into more trouble!" I exclaimed.

"You'll be able to convince him not to, I know you will. Please Abbie, just talk to Luke and sort it out. If you keep it from him, he'll feel exactly as you do now, and you don't want him to, do you?" Beau reasoned with me.

"I guess you're right," I huffed.

"Put your seatbelt on then babe," he smiled at me. I didn't know how to feel right now.

**

Physio went well, and I managed to keep quiet to Julie. Now I just had to face Luke.

"You ready?" Beau asked as we stood outside the front door.

I nodded. "As ready as i'll ever be," I shrugged.

"Let's go then!" He said and he opened the door.

"We're back!" Beau announced to the household.

"Who's we?" I heard Luke say from upstairs.

"Me and Abbie!" He shouted back. Uh ohhhh.

I took off my shoes and went upstairs to put my cardigan away. Luke was sitting. on our bed.

"Hey," I said quietly as I got into the room.

"Hi," he said bluntly back.

"You alright?" I hung up my cardigan.

"Yep thanks."

"Look Luke, we need to talk." I said.

"About what?" He questioned.

"I know about Joe." I took a deep breath out.

"What about him?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"About you and the drugs." I struggled out.

His face dropped.

"Who told you?" He demanded straight away.

"Look, before you go mental, I need to explain. I was at Victoria Terrace waiting for Beau to pick me up, and I came across Joe." His face went from angry to even worse. He looked like he was gonna murder someone.

"That's it!" He got up, but I pushed him back down.

"NO!" I shouted at him. "Do NOT go after him, okay?" I said firmly.

"Why shouldn't I?" He growled. I'd never seen Luke as angry as he was right now.

"Because, I haven't finished telling my story yet. I need to finish, so you understand!" I half shouted. He clenched his jaw, but nevertheless he stayed down.

"Joe tried to hurt me, but Beau came along. He told Joe that if he touched me again, Beau would ring the police." I exhaled.

"Abbie, I'm so sorry." Luke said after i'd finished.

"Sorry for what?" I asked.

"For getting myself into this trouble. He's trying to hurt you because he knows how much you mean to me." He said quietly.

"Luke, I don't care. I just wish you didn't keep the drugs bit to yourself! I wanted to know, I wouldn't have hated you, it would've made me stick by you and help you through it. Never think of it like that ever again. I love you and I always will, Luke Brooks."

"I've been clean for a year Abbie. The cravings have stopped now, and I don't want it anymore. I'm happy with who I am, for the first time in ages. I've got the best girlfriend, family, friends, career, fans, I've got more than I could imagine, and I'm so grateful for it. I love you too, Abbie."

"I'm so proud of you Luke, it's unreal." I hugged him tightly.

"Everything's good then?" He smiled.

"Never better." He kissed my forehead.

"How about a celebratory pizza takeaway?" He grinned.

"Don't mind if I do!" I laughed.

"I'm so happy everything's normal again.." I smiled.

"So am I," Luke put his arms around my waist and carried me down the stairs.

"Damn Luke, you must be one strong person!" I laughed when we got to the bottom.

"Why?" He asked, puzzled.

"You just carried an elephant down the stairs!" I exclaimed.

"You what? Last time I looked, you weren't an elephant," he mocked shock.

"Oh don't lie to yourself Brooks," I smirked as we went into the living room.

"Pizza?" Luke asked his brothers. Gina was out on a night shift.

"YAAAAAAY!" Beau squealed. "Abbie, come and help me order?" He said.

"Be right back Luke," I smiled.

I left the room with Beau and went into the kitchen.

"Everything's good with you and Luke then?" He smiled.

"Never better, all thanks to you." I hugged him quickly.

"Don't mention it," he smirked. "Now for this pizza.."

--

HAI DERE GUISE

you guys blow me away like for real

you got me just under 200 reads and 4 votes since yesterday?

IM OVERWHELMED LIKE OMG AHJABXJSKAIWVD

I LOVE YOU ALL

Right so because you got me 4 votes, here I am updating again when I'm not meant to update until Friday!!

5 votes for the next chapter?

Considering you got 4 in like a day, 5 should be a walk in the park!

LOVE YOU

mwah xo