Chapter 25

It's been a month since we have been here. Jake and I have had so much fun and made many memories. But today, it isn't so great. I feel terrible.

I walk into the kitchen and look through the cabinets. I find some oreo and I place them on the counter. I go to the fridge and grab a bottle of water.

I take an oreo and put it to my lips, but I drop the cookie and run to the bathroom. I drop to my knees as the contents of my stomach enter the bowl. I wrench in pain as I spasm. When I thought I was done, I threw up again. It felt never ending. It was torture.

"Octavia? Where you at, babe?"

I couldn't answer as I throw up again. I hear his footsteps but they were drowned out by me emptying out my never ending stomach.

"Baby, are you alright?" I feel hands touch me and he holds back my hair as I puke up the last I could.

I sit down and stretch my legs. I lean back against the wall and I lean my head back in exhaustion. Jake looks at me then grabs some toilet paper. He wipes my mouth and throws it away. He walks away quickly and I close my eyes.

I hear him walk back in but I don't open my eyes. I'm so tired..

"Octavia.. Here's some water.. Here's a Tylenol.."

I open my eyes and take the pill, putting it in my mouth and sipping the water. It slightly burned my throat as it went down. I wince slightly.

He helps me up by picking me up bridal style. He sets me on the counter and grabs my tooth brush and tooth paste. He puts tooth paste on the tooth brush and wet it.

He looks to me and I open my mouth. He brushes my teeth and my tongue. I spit into the sink and I clean out the foam with water. He wipes my mouth again then takes me to the bedroom.

He lays me down and gets back up. I grab his hand and he turns to me. "Please don't leave me.."

I was begging him. I never beg him. He looked at me with a small smile. He came closer and kissed my lips. He pulled away and kissed my forehead. "I'd never leave you.. Ever."

I smile weakly. He gets back up and I become cold. I curl up with my head on the soft pillow. I close my eyes and I listen for Jacob. I hear him moving around in the kitchen and his footsteps coming this way.

"Let me take your temperature."

I open my eyes and I see Jake with a thermometer in his hand. I open my mouth and he puts it under my tongue. He turns it on and we wait until it beeps.

He pulls it out and his eyes widen. "Baby, come on. We need to go. Now."

I look at him confused then nod my head and get up. I grab a bra and pull it on. I grab a white tee and a pair of grey sweats. I pull my hair up into a messy bun and I walk to the truck with Jake already there with it running.

I jump into the truck and I couldn't even close the door until he pressed the gas all the way down. I pull on my seat belt and I look at Jake. "Jake, what's wrong? Where are we going?"

He stays silent and just focuses on driving. I become slightly frustrated. "Jake.. Tell me what's wrong. Where are we going?"

He sighs then takes my hand. "You had a fever of 106.3. You are throwing up and becoming really affectionate for the past few weeks. I need to take you to the doctor to see what's wrong."

"A human doctor?"

"Absolutely not. Human doctors would freak out at a fever of 106.3. I'm taking you to a wolf doctor. She can tell us what's going on.."