Chapter 2

Octavia
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the day of Dad's funeral. I leave for Forks, Washington tomorrow. How the hell did all this happen? I pick out a black short dress and some black converse. Dad would never want me to wear heels. He hated it when I begged for a pair and he showed me how girls walk in them. I then told him I wanted sneakers for the rest of my life.

I put on light make up and look in the mirror. I look so much like Mom, but yet I look so much like Dad. I had his blue eyes, big lips, small nose, blonde hair, and high cheek bones. I had Mom's jawline, ears, chin, almond shaped eyes, and long black eyelashes.

A knock came to my door and it opened to reveal Dylan. "Hey, Octi.. I just came to see if you want to ride with me or you want to ride with yourself or someone else..", he said sadly. I look at the time and it was 2:23. The funeral starts at 2:45.

I grab Dylan's hand after grabbing everything I needed and left the house. We get in Dylan's old Nissan and drive to the funeral home.

As I look out to the window, I think about the time Dad and I went to the beach. I was eleven and I was afraid of the ocean because of all the scary shark movies I saw the year before. Dad went into the water and waited for me to come in, but I never did.

He came out of the water with a worried expression. "Tavia, what's wrong? Don't you want to go swimming?", Dad asks kneeling in front of me grabbing my small child hands. He looks into my eyes and everything seems to disappear from around us. My Dad always had this effect on people that if they were distraught, Dad would hold their hands and look them in the eyes and they would become calmer.

"Daddy, I'm afraid.. What if a shark comes and eats me.. Or if I get pulled into the sea and I end up stranded on an island..", I said freaking out at the idea of being alone. "Baby, when Daddy is here, there is nothing that is going to happen to you. You are always protected and I will die to protect you. Nothing will get you.. I promise..", he says smiling and my fear quickly trickles away.

That was the day I found out that I loved the ocean. I loved surfing, building sand castles, tanning and reading a book while listening to the calming crashes of waves. The beach was a beautiful yet dangerous place.

Before I know it, we arrive to the place my Dad wanted to be. The ritual of the wolves is that we burn our loved ones and have their ashes spread out in a peaceful spot. Dad chose the stream where his parents before him were placed. The large cherry blossom had its beautiful pink flowers and they were beaming beautifully as the sun hit against them. We walked to the marble dock and everyone took their places in seats.

Our pack leader came to the front to start the funeral. "Justin Andrew Blake was a warrior. Not a warrior who fought for power or pleasure, but a warrior who fought for justice, peace, respect, and he earned those things. He cared for all of us. He out everyone before himself. He cared for his daughter as a single Dad and my, has he done a good job..", Kevin takes a second took look at everyone in the face before he continues.

"Justin was a great friend, brother, son, father, and a hell of a pack member. He will be greatly missed. Now we have our own Octavia Blake to come up and talk.", he says and motions for me to come up.

I stand up and make my way in front of the crowd. "My father was a great man. He was kind, loyal, funny, caring, dramatic, fun, loving, hard working, careful, stubborn, calm, childish, responsible, understandable, amazing, and most of all.. He was able to make a mark on all of us. He left us crying while laughing from a joke or screaming from him scaring us from around a corner. Or maybe even pranking us. But he will always be remembered. Far from reach and gone, but never forgotten.. His mark on us will stay with us till the day we die. My father died saving my life and I owe him. I will live my life to the fullest to make my fathers wish come true. Rest In Peace Daddy..", I say as a few tears spring from my eyes.

I grab the vase that holds my Daddy in it. I pull the top off and pour my Dad into the stream. Everyone grabs a white rose and throws it into the stream. As everyone starts to leave, I stay a while staring at the Cherry Blossom tree. After a few more minutes, I walk back to Dylan's truck. Dylan leans against the hood waiting for me. He sees me and brings me into a hug.

"I'm sorry about all of this, Octi.. I love you and I will always protect you.. I promise..", he says and he finally lets go. We climb into the truck and he drives me home. I walk into the house and close the door. I lean against the door and slide all the way down to the ground. I start to cry the tears that were threatening to escape the whole time while the funeral was going on.

I pick myself up after I finish crying. I strip down from my dress and pull on some pajama pants and a t-shirt. I lay down on my bed and look at all of my boxes full of all my packed up stuff. I'm moving away from here.. I drift into sleep as my tired eyes look at a new picture of my Dad and I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg I was literally crying through this whole thing. I hope you enjoy! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! Go check out my other books and I hope you have a good day! I love you guys! ~Hannah