Chapter 12

A/N Hey guys! Ya miss me?

This week has been reaaally busy

Also, Tissues may be needed. 

Idk, I cried making it, but I was also watching The Walking Dead, so it could be either.

Enjoy!

Side note: EbbAAAAA BE PROUD OF MEEE

~~~~~~~~~

~Y/n's POV~

We were on the plane, Hank piloting, and I noticed Charles touching his leg. "You alright?"

"Getting there." He answered, taking his hand off of his leg.

"Whatever happens today," Logan started. " I need you to promise me something. You looked into my mind and you've seen a lot of bad, but you've seen the good too. The X-Men. Promise me you'll find us. Use your power, bring us together. Guide us, lead us. Storm, Scott, Jean, Bobby, Rogue. Remember those names. There's so many of us. We will need you, Professor."

"I'll do my best." Charles replied, as I smiled slightly.

"Your best is enough, trust me." Logan replied, crossing his arms.

Once we landed, we immediately went to security where Hank wheeled Charles through the metal detector. The detector beeped and the ticket man asked for our invitations.

"Yes, you may." Charles said and put his fingers to his temple, making him believe we gave him tickets. "These three are with me."

"Go ahead." The ticket man said, and motioned us through.

"Thank you." Charles said.

Hank wheeled Charles off, then I stepped through the metal detector, nothing going off. Logan then stepped through, smiling to himself when nothing went off.

"Logan, Y/n" Charles called to us and we quickly walked off to join them.

Charles put his fingers to his temple, probably trying to find Raven. "I haven't found her yet, but she has to be here."

We grabbed our seats as the presenter introduced the President, simply.

President Nixon walked towards the podium. "My fellow Americans, today, we face the greatest threat in our history: Mutants." I internally cringed as Charles continued to search for Raven. "We have prepared for this threat. In the immortal words of Robert Oppenheimer, 'Behold. The world will never be the same again.'" He pointed to the giant flags behind him, which fell to reveal purple/ gray robots, which I assumed were the Sentinels. The crowd cheered immensely.

Charles was still searching for Raven, but suddenly his eyes lit up. "Raven!" Charles yelled, as a secret service agent went to grab his gun, who hesitated, "I have her!" He said to us.

Charles pointed to the guy who started to grab his gun. "There, see? Secret Service man, left of the stage." He guided our eyes towards him, as I nodded.

"Got it." Logan said.

"Go!" Charles told us.

The Sentinels suddenly became lit.

"What the hell are you doing? I didn't tell you to activate them!" Trask yelled at a Major.

"I didn't." The major said simply.

The Sentinels rose and the crowd cheered. Me, Logan, and Hank made our way to Raven, who was still disguised as a Secret Service Agent.

I looked back at Charles, to see him talking to, who I assumed was, Raven. The Secret Service agent said something in return.

A guard came over to us and I internally panicked.

"You cannot pass this point." He told us.

Suddenly, the Sentinels floated over the crowd, Erik appeared out of the sky. "Shit." I muttered as a Sentinel started shooting a police car, the crowd immediately panicked and ran.

"Erik!" Charles yelled, as the Secret Service took Nixon and Trask inside the White House, obviously unaware that Raven was among them.

Erik floated a stadium above the White House and the Sentinels went over to him.

"Charles!" Logan yelled as Erik dropped the stadium unexpectedly, making me jump and nearly crushing Charles.

Erik then sent a Sentinel to, what looked like, guard.

I separated myself from Hank and Logan, just in case something happened to me. I cared too much about them. Well, maybe more Hank more than Logan.

Hank and Logan were behind a car looking at one of the Sentinels that were standing guard around the White House.

I watched as Hank turned into his blue and furry form, obviously quite angry. Erik turned his head, noticing Hank. He locked eyes with me for a split second, and I scowled at him.

He looked annoyed and turned to two of the Sentinels standing guard.

He said something to them and one turned to me and started shooting, the other did the same to Logan and Hank.

"What the fuck, Erik?!" I yelled at him, diving under some debris.

I saw that Logan was trying to fight the Sentinel, when Hank jumped on top of it.

"I got this! Go!" He yelled at Logan as he ripped out the Sentinel's fuel line, while Logan went after Erik.

I got up and out of the debris, since the Sentinel had stopped shooting.

I was close to Charles, so I crawled over to him.

"Charles, are you okay?" I asked him.

"Peachy." He said obviously in pain.

"I'll get you out of here." I told him and started to melt the bars.

"Shit..." I mumbled when the bars fixed themselves.

I kneeled there for a minute or so, trying to get Charles out.

All of a sudden, a white hot, burning pain shot through my shoulder and a Sentinel floated above me, as if he was laughing at me. Blood covered my shirt as he shot me in the stomach.

I just sat there, shocked and in pain.

The pain was horrible, almost unexplainable. I carefully moved myself a couple feet away from Charles when it dawned on me, if I die, I'd never get the chance to tell Hank that I loved him.

I looked down at Charles and said, "If I die, tell Hank I love him."

He looked heartbroken, his eyes had lost their color.

"I promise, Y/n, that we will get out of here alive." I could tell he'd tried his hardest to stay strong, but one tear had slipped down his face.

"You know that's an empty promise, Charles." I said, as darkness overcame my vision.