Chapter 1

A/N: This took me like 4 hours to complete, but only because I was confined in an RV for two days. I really hope you enjoy. I know it's not the best but I feel confident that it's alright. (And yes I couldn't resist putting Jim in here XD)

"Oh God, something is not right." I mumbled to myself, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

Quickly, I put the book I was reading into my backpack and started walking to the door.

"Bye James!" I said to the man whom had the same name and almost the same look as the character from Star Trek.

"Bye Y/N! I'll call you tonight okay?" The man, whom was my best friend, said to me happily, as I nodded to him.

I walked out of the grand doors onto the sidewalk, looking back onto the small rundown library in my little rundown town I called home.

Sighing, I walked down the sidewalk to the park at the edge of town. I looked at all the birds flying by looking for food, and the tiny children playing on the playground laughing with their friends while sliding down the slide.

Then I found my favorite bench by the playground and watched the children with a slight smile on my face at seeing them play with their friends. I had never had any friends, besides Jim. Everybody thought I was a freak. I never talked to anybody, but somehow Jim , being persistent, had somehow wormed his way into my life. My parents had been wary on letting me have friends because of one of my powers being able to summon fire at will. He was instantly fascinated at them. Yet for some reason he had kept on trying being my friend.

While I was thinking about Jim and everything, somebody had sat down next to me, at once I had sensed something was up.

"Hi! My name is Sean! I just moved here from out of town and I'm just kind of trying to make new friends." He said and I looked at the red haired male. He might have been lying, I just wasn't completely sure.

"I'm Y/N!" I said trying to sound cheerful. "And also, something's up" I blurted accidentally.

"How did you know that?" He asked slightly alarmed.

"Sorry, I could just tell for some reason." I said, lowering my voice.

"That's awesome!" He said. "Do you maybe want to meet my friends? They're different too. We run a safe place for people like us." He said with delight in his eyes.

"Sure, Meet at my place? It's 12102 Rainier Street.(Note: Not real)" I told the boy my address.

"Sure, how about an hour from now?" He said smiling from ear to ear.

"Okay, so five o'clock. Got it." I smiled and got up from the bench.

"Nice to meet you, Sean!" I walked off waving at him.

"See you later Y/N!" He said taking out his phone.

I walked down Main Street, towards my small home. As I reached my street I sighed when I saw my little yellow, two-bedroom home and opened the door.

Little knick-knacks covered the walls and I thought about maybe making some cookies for Sean and his friends.

I had a craving for cookies so I caved and got out the ingredients for the peanut butter cookies. Quickly, I made the mix, put it into little spheres and put them in the oven.

'It took about a half hour to walk home, about 5 minutes to make the dough, and It'll take about 25 minutes to bake the cookies.' I thought to myself as I set the timer so I wouldn't forget, and started reading on my recliner that was right across from the couch.