Chapter 11

A/N: MA! AM I MAKIN UP FOR THE MONTH OF ABSENCE YET? I'm so damn proud of myself right now, like, I made a new frien and watched a bunch of The Walking Dead and on top of all that, I wrote this! So, umm, yeah, enjoy this. It's cute at the end, like adorable.

"When was the last time you were down here?" Logan asked as Hank was still chuckling to himself.

"The last time we went looking for students." Hank had stopped laughing and gotten more serious, we all had.

"A lifetime ago." Charles added as his eyes were scanned.

"Welcome, Professor." The computer greeted in her electronic voice as the doors opened.

We entered and made our way towards Cerebro as Hank went ahead of us and turned on the equipment.

"Raven's wounded, she won't be moving fast." Hank told us, as Charles picked up Cerebro and blew the dust off it.

"These are muscles I haven't stretched in a long time." Charles said and put on Cerebro on his head. "God!"

Charles had a pained look on his face and he looked as if he was losing his focus.

"Charles!" Logan yelled. Charles' face was even more pained then it was before. Cerebro sparked and sputtered as Charles took it off of his head.

"Charles! Charles, it's alright. I'll go check the generator." Hank said and started walking towards the exit.

"I'll come with you." I said, running to catch up with him.

We turned a couple corners until we found the generator room.

He switched off and on a couple of switches as I smiled down at him.

He looked at me as he got up from his spot where he had flicked the switches.

He mumbled something to himself as his face turned bright red and mine did the same.

He got up and smiled to himself as we walked back to Cerebro.

"Power's back on." Hank said as we walked inside.

"Yes. Yes it is." Charles said.

~A Little Time Skip~

Charles was currently using Cerebro to communicate with Raven in an airport by taking over the people around her momentarily.

"Raven, stop running." He paused. "Back at the house, where you should be. I need you to come home... If you kill Trask, you'll be creating countless more just like him... Those are Erik's words, not yours... The girl I grew up with wasn't capable of killing. She was good, fair, full of compassion"

"Shut her down, Charles. Get in her head." Logan said from beside us.

"She's not letting me in. I'm barely holding on, I'm not strong enough yet." He paused and focused even harder than he had before. "I know what Trask has done, but killing him will not bring them back. It will set you on a path from which there is no return. An endless cycle of killing, us and them, 'till there is nothing left. But we can stop it, right now, you and I. You just have to come home." Charles paused for about 15 seconds and then took Cerebro off of his head.

"Where is she?" I asked, honestly curious.

"In an airport, boarding a plane." Charles stated, voice slightly breaking.

"A plane to where?" Logan asked, his arms crossed.

"Washington D.C." Charles said after a few seconds.