Chapter 06: Seedlings of Love

25th March 2020

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "I shall accept the invitation even if I were invited to a meal of a sheep's trotter, and I shall accept the gift even if it were an arm or a trotter of a sheep."‏ ‏Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 

Chapter 06:

Seedlings of Love

"That was exactly my reaction." Leila laughed at Kareema's expression. "I took almost ten minutes to process it."

"I did not see that coming." Kareema grinned. "Does Husna know?"

"I'm not sure, but I've been given strict instructions not to say anything to her." Leila replied. "And those apply to you too."

"Of course." Kareema nodded. "Wow, Laith is either really good at hiding his feelings or we're just slow on picking things up."

"I actually picked up on Husna's distaste when we kept talking about Laith's proposals." Leila conveyed.

"That's true." Kareema threw her a glance. "If this hadn't played out like how it has, maybe I would've asked her what's going on."

"Laith was actually letting fate take its time." Leila confessed. "He let Mum invite whomever she wanted to, then he prayed Istikhaara and realised he'd better hurry because if Husna's getting proposals like he is, he could be too late."

"Aww, that's so cute." Kareema smiled. "Making haste in doing good, hmm?"

"Alhamdulillah." Leila replied, as Husna's house looked at the end of the street. "I'm actually excited for this." She sighed happily as Husna emerged from her house and waved at the approaching car with a smile.

It had already been three days since Laith had proposed the idea of marrying Husna to his family. As they prepared with joyous enthusiasm, since Husna was a well-known muslimah in the household, the days had flown with ease. Now, the trio were headed to the Charity Camp organised by Vitals Hospital, grateful for a day's outing in the warm sunlight.

"Hey!" Husna smiled before she climbed into the car, giving her salaam to Leila and Kareema in the process. "I have some really good news."

"Ma Shaa Allah, what is it?" Kareema asked, hiding her smile and drumming her fingers on the steering wheel.

"The pediatrician found a medicine that works for Zahir!" She exclaimed, referring to her young cousin. "His condition is improving so they're going to move him out of the ICU soon, In Shaa Allah."

"That's amazing, Ma Shaa Allah." Leila smiled. "You were so worried, it was worrying me."

"I know right?" Husna grinned at her. "I've started reading a few books on his condition now. Dr. Laeeq was a great help."

"Aah, is he the one who treated Zahir?" Leila asked, unfamiliar with the name, for she had only heard of and spoken to Dr. Lily Pullsey.

"No, he's a cardiologist. A heart doctor." Husna replied. "I thought a doctor for babies would know everything about babies, but apparently not. They need opinions from specialists." She shook her head.

"Gosh. Their lives sound hectic." Kareema sighed dramatically. "I guess we'll witness it today." She said, pointing to the banner that had come into view, welcoming the general public for a free health check-up.

"That reminds me, I have the plan for Kahsan in action." Husna grinned.

"Kahsan? Seriously?" Kareema raised an eyebrow.