Chapter thirteen.

—this is gonna be a bit messy Bc of swapping pov's, I apologize in advance ☹️—

•ZAYN•

Anger.

It is the vexing of the soul, A swelling of the veins waiting to explode, and that's how I'm feeling right now.

My knuckles are white from clenching my fist too hard, and my teeth are gritted from effort to remain silent, not wanting to wake the sleeping Alexa up.

My hunched form exudes animosity, anger, jealousy. It was like acid - burning, slicing, potent.

My fingers curled tightly around the phone, I could see Tory's neck snapping in my mind and it felt good. I could feel my fist smashing into his nose, splattering red blood on his pretty face. But it's not his fault, he isn't in the wrong here.

Nikki is.

I get out of the room, I don't know what to do, I look at the mirror hanging on the wall, my face is red with suppressed rage, I want to shout, punch something, do anything to calm down. I rub my forehead and focus on my breathing.

When I feel a finger setting on my shoulder- Alexa's no doubt- I swing around and mentally snap at her.

    "Why are you up? Let's get back in bed, it's cold there without you."

Not even her pouted-lips are persuading now, but I rather not hear her whine so I give in, I get back in bed, with one person in my mind.

Nikki.

****

The next day; at 2 pm—Nikki's time of arrival, I walk into my office after I've had lunch out with Alexa, I make sure to pass by Nikki and let her see me.

I want her to think that I'm unbothered, so I let around 20 minutes pass by, before I call her in.

"Have you got the letter done correctly Ms Darson? Also I believe that by now you would have sent the emails you were supposed to send too, have you got them done?"

I keep my head down while showering her with questions, acting the least interested, secretively smirking in my head.

I hear her clearing her throat, "yes Mr Malik. All ready."

Mr Malik..my dick twitched.

"Very well, you can go."

I still don't bother to raise my head and look at her.

"Oh Ms Darson, today we're leaving together, there's some stuffs in my house that belongs to you, you might as well come and take it."

I keep on reading through the contracts, I hear her mumble a soft okay.

She doesn't know what she's in for.

****

"Um, so what did you want to giv–"

I cut Nikki off by holding up my finger, we have just entered the apartment.

"Nikki you damn well know that I didn't bring you here to give you some stupid shit."