Ch. 49: Six Months

Começar do início

"We'll keep an eye on her all night." Nareesha smiled.

Nathan returned the smile to everyone before heading out of the house with Ariana.

I made my way down the stairs as I slumped down on the couch in between Jay and Kelsey.

"Dani. Do you mind if we see the cuts you received?" Max asked.

"Erm. I'll let you see the ones on my arms." 

"Yeah. Thanks." Jay agreed.

I nodded as I folded up my sleeves and showed them the slits in my wrists that Adam made.

"They're so deep." Siva ran a hand on my left arm.

I winced at his touch as I pulled my hand away.

"Sorry, Dani. I didn't mean to hurt you." Siva said, true sorrow in his voice.

"It's okay, Seev. I know you didn't mean to hurt me."

He nodded as he examined my wrists along with their girls. Kelsey chose not to since she sat right next to me. She rested her head on my shoulder as she looked down at my wrists.

"I can't believe they would hang you." She whispered.

Although these girls were a few years older than me, we get along so well. It's the best.

"Yeah. It was Courtney's best birthday present ever." 

Kelsey sighed. "I'm glad you chose to live with us, Dani."

"Yeah. I don't even want to think what would happen if you still lived with those people." Nina nodded.

I shrugged. "I made the right choice." I smiled.

"Dani." Jay's voice eager. "Can we invite TJ to come over? Maybe we can dance or hang out or something."

"Sure. I guess so. Give him a call." I nodded. Jay gave me a big smile as he quickly dialed TJ's number.

"Did getting hung hurt?" Ava asked as she looked at my neck.

"Well, at that point, I was in too much pain to think about which was was worse. But the hanging was horrible. I was barely getting any oxygen at all, and by the time Jay came, my sight was blurring up."

Ava nodded. 

"We need to tell TJ." Nareesha stated. She was right.

"Jay can you tell him? I don't really feel like telling what happened for the forth time."

Jay nodded. "Sure."

With that, TJ knocked on the door.

"I'll get it." I got up but was beat to the door by a super excited Avatar.

He opened the door to reveal TJ waiting by the door out of breath.

"What's the emergency?" He shouted, trying to catch his breath.

"Erm. Hi TJ." I smiled at him, giving him a hug.

"Hey sis. What's the big emergency I heard about?"

"There's not really an emergency anymore." Ava told him.

"Anymore?" He asked, raising an eye brow.

"Y-yeah. We had a bit of an incident."

"Oh no." his voice beginning to tremble.

"I'll tell you what happened. You might want to sit down." Jay motioned him to a seat.

"We'll be downstairs so you two can talk." Siva got up as we all followed him downstairs and into the game room.

"I hope everything goes well up there." I took a seat on the couch while Tom turned on the TV.