Ch. 48: Cameras Everywhere

Start from the beginning

...

"Lads. We should head home." Kev and Martin walked up to us.

My voice was giving up on me from all the singing Tom made us do.

"Okay. But can you guys please put on some clothes? I think I'm blind." Jay put his hands over his eyes. Big Kev and Martin were in tanks and swim shorts.

I frowned a bit at the strange sight.

"Hey, we don't go complaining about you guys being shirtless around the house." Kev exclaimed.

"Well yeah, of course you won't, we know you like it." Tom winked.

"Eww." Martin shook his head, clearly disturbed by Tom's statement.

"Let's just head home. You guys are going on tour soon. You need so start packing." Big Kev put out the fire as he pushed us onto the truck. I took a seat next to Nathan, who was in between Ariana and me.

The truck started as the wind picked up. We finally left the paparazzi at the beach.

When we were a far distant away from the photographers, I was able to lean my head onto Nathan's shoulder, hiding into his neck.

He pulled my legs to go over his as he hugged me.

"You alright, Dani?" Ariana asked, putting a hand on my leg.

"Yeah. Stupid paps." I rolled my eyes a bit, even though no one was barely able to see it. I loved hiding in Nathan's neck. I loved to slowly rub my nose against his neck, sending shivers down his spine and down his arms. It makes me feel warm inside to know that I can have that effect on someone. Knowing Nathan as my best friend, I know he would be biting his lip, trying not to let a small laugh leave his mouth.

"Yeah I know. I need a bit of privacy." Tom shuffled in his seat uncomfortably.

"Says the guy who is 90% of the time shirtless." Siva laughed a bit.

Tom shrugged and smiled. 

"Dani, I am sorry about earlier." Nathan looked down at me and whispered.

I looked up at him, not moving my head from the position I was in. "It's okay. I totally understand. Doesn't bug me at all."

He gave me a look meaning, 'Yeah right'. I rolled my eyes and poked his side playfully. He smiled and kissed my nose.

"But really. I promise never to leave you again." He stuck out his pinkie.

"Promise?" I asked.

He nodded. I stuck out my pinkie and entwined it in his. Luckily while we did our promise, everyone else was in deep conversation about wild animals. 

The sky was dark and the stars were becoming visible. "Hey look," Ava pointed to the sky, "The first star."

"Oh! Everyone make a wish!" Nareesha said excitedly.

I looked up at Nathan. "Make a wish, Sykes,"

He sighed. "I wish I can sort out my feelings." He said under his breath.

I smiled and nodded.

"Guys. We're home!" Martin yelled from the front.

We all piled out of the truck and into the house. 

"Goodnight everyone." I smiled before heading into my room. I took a shower and changed into sweat shorts and a sweatshirt. The usual. 

I headed into bed, prayed, then allowed the sleep to takeover me right away.