Chapter 21

Miranda's pov

I stared at the ceiling lost in thought, missing home. I hate hospitals. I miss home. I miss mom and dad. I miss Sierra. I miss Jack. The door opens and I glance over tiredly. "Is she supposed to-" "Yes the antibiotics make her sleepy." Dad sits beside my bed with a smile. "How ya feelin' princess?" "When can I go home?" The doctor answers for him. "You see the bag hanging here?" I nod. "When all that runs out, you can go home." I stare up at it, barely awake.

Jason's pov

She falls asleep. Rachel texts me.

R: Sierra's not feeling well. she's staying home. How's Miranda?

J: asleep. Miserable.

I sigh sadly.

J: I don't know what it is about hospitals that she hates so much.

R: maybe you should ask her when she wakes up.

J: maybe I will.

Miranda's pov

*later*

I woke up feeling groggy, my eyes landing on the bag. "Why do you hate hospitals so much honey?" "Cause mama and daddy died in a hospital." I whisper, breaking down in tears. He hugs me.

Jack's pov

I have a bad feeling. "Daddy, can you take me to visit Miranda?" He walks out with a soft smile. "Ok son. Go get ready." "Thanks."

Jason's pov

"I don't feel good, daddy." "What doesn't feel good?" "My chest..... And... My...." Suddenly her eyes roll in the back of her head and she starts convulsing. I scream for a doctor and hold her hands down as she starts scratching herself. "Someone help me!" The doctor runs in wide eyed. "She's having a seizure. I can't stop it. You have to wait for it to pass." He says. I hold her tight in my lap as she bucks and kicks. "What's going on?" She mumbles, calming down. "You had a seizure." "S-Seizure? What do I do about it doc?" I ask shakily, staring terrified at her. "We'll have to run some tests." Oh man, I hope no more needles. She mumbles daddy then has another seizure!! Just then Jack and Mike walk in, scared as hell.

Rachel's pov

Jason calls. "Baby you need to come to the hospital." "What's going on? Is she okay?" Silence for five seconds. "Just come up here." The line goes dead and seconds later, Mike shows up, holding Jack who's crying his eyes out. "W-What happened?!" I cry terrified. "She had a seizure and it scared Jack. I've got Sierra." "Thanks." I say hugging him and heading to the hospital. Jason meets me in the waiting room. The doctor walks us back. "Seizures can mean any number of things. Cancer, a brain bleed, or something entirely different." Cancer?! Me and Jason lock eyes. He hugs me. "We'll do a brain scan to determine what it is." We go into her room. "Let's say a quick prayer." I say, sitting beside her. He nods and sits beside me, holding my hand, and resting a hand on our unconscious daughter's leg. "Dear heavenly Father please watch over our little girl. Take care of her and please don't let it be cancer. We're so scared but we know you've got a plan for us. Please let it involve our baby girl. Amen." I hug him tight and burst into tears. The doctor walks in and they put her on a different bed, wheeling her into the scan room. "Oh Jason, I'm so worried." I whisper. He kisses my forehead. "It'll be okay. It's gotta be." But I can see the fear and worry in his eyes. Twenty minutes later, she is wheeled back to her old room. "You'll get results in a few hours. I'm praying for your little girl too." The doctor says smiling. I smile too. "Thank you doctor." Jason tips his hat and the doctor leaves. My eyes lock on Jason's. He forces a worried smile trying to convince me it'll be alright.