Chapter 3

Miranda's pov

We get to their house. I'm super nervous. My new dad opens a door and it's a room with a pink bed and a dollhouse and a big red dresser! I run in their excited. "Is this.... Mine?" I shakily ask shocked.

Jason's pov

I smile. "Of course it's yours, sweetheart." She looks like she's about to cry. Rachel walks in and sits on the floor beside her. "I'm so happy to be your mom, Miranda." They hug and I head to our room where our bulldog Bentley was. "Hey Rach, I think it's time we show her our other family member." She nods, excited. I bring Bentley in. "Ooh a dog!" She cries excited.

*later*

Miranda's pov

I was doing my daily chores when dad walked in. "What are you doing?" He asks. "Cleaning." I mumble, embarrassed. "Sweetie, you don't have to do that here. We have a maid." I stare at him confused. "A maid?" He nods. "You're a kid. Go have fun outside with Bentley. I'm runnin' to the store to grab dinner, burgers on the grill." I smile and grab the leash from dad's hand. I hook it to Bentley's collar and we go outside. Dad kisses mom goodbye and mom sits on the porch while I play with Bentley. It's been so long since I've felt the warmth of love in my chest. A few minutes later, a blonde girl walks over and waves. I wave back and glance at mom who smiles. "Hi, I'm Sierra." She says, holding out a hand to shake. I shake her outstretched hand. "M-My name's M-Miranda." I say, nervously. "Ya wanna play some baseball?" She asks.

Jason's pov

I get home from the store and smile seeing Miranda playing baseball with the neighbor's kid Sierra. "Hey throw that ball over here!" I call, picking up my own bat. Sierra tosses it and I hit it. "Whoa cool!" Both girls exclaim. I smile and walk over. "Believe it or not, but I used to play baseball when I was a kid." "You did?" Miranda cries, wide eyed. I nod. "Awesome!" "Ya wanna help me cook dinner?" "Yeah!" I pick her up onto my shoulders. "Hey dad, can Sierra stay for dinner?" I love hearing her call me dad. "Of course. As long as it's okay with her mom." "It is. Thanks!" So me and my amazing daughter make dinner together.

*later*

I lay down beside my beautiful amazing wife. "So first day being parents. What'd you think?" Rachel asks. I smile, staring at the ceiling. "I think I'm in love." She laughs softly and cuddles up close to me. I kiss her head. "I love you Rach." "I love you too."

*the next day*

I hear Rachel whisper my name which is what wakes me up. "Come quick." She whispers. Huh? I throw on a pair of shorts and follow her down the hall to Miranda's room. I smile, seeing Bentley curled up beside her, both of them asleep. "Adorable." I say, smiling. Rachel kisses my cheek. "This has been the best couple of days of my life!" She whispers.

Miranda's pov

I wake up to the smell of blueberry waffles. Something I never got to eat at the orphanage. I stumble downstairs, Bentley on my heels. I run into the kitchen. Mom was making smoothies while dad was making waffles. "Hey princess, have a seat." I sit down at the island next to mom. Dad puts a plate in front of me. "What's the plan for today?" Mom asks. They both look at me which confuses me. "What?" "Well we have all day til the concert tonight, so what do ya wanna do?" Dad asks. A smile spreads to my face.

Jason's pov

She stands up in her chair excited. Rachel grabs her to keep her from falling. "Let's go to the opry!" "The opry it is." I say, smiling. "Yay!" I love having a daughter.