Chapter 20

Jason's pov

I get home and hear cries of pain upstairs. I run up there as fast as I can and see Rachel changing the bandages. "Deep breaths, sweety. I know it hurts." Rachel says, biting her lip. "Ahh! Stop!" "Rach, stop. I think they're infected." "What do we do, Jason?" "We gotta take her back to the hospital." "No! I'm fine! I'm really fine! No hospitals!" "You have to." She starts wheezing again. "Calm down, hun." "N-No! I can't!" I shakily pick her up bridal style. "It's okay, they're gonna help. Your cuts are getting infected."

Miranda's pov

I hate the doctor! I pull free and make a run for it but the door opens revealing Mike! I try to push passed her but dad shouts at Mike to stop me who ends up grabbing me. "No! Let me go!" "Calm down kiddo." He says, handing me over to dad. "I'm so scared." I whisper shaking. "Don't worry. They're gonna help you."

*later*

Jason's pov

I walk in her room and they gave her an oxygen tube again. Poor kid. "Daddy, it itches." She says, tugging at it. "I'm sorry hun but you've gotta keep that in." "I don't want to!" She says. "You have to." Just then Jack runs in looking scared. "You alright?" He asks, sitting beside her. "No. I hate hospitals."

*a few days later*

I wake up from a deep sleep, hearing a doctor talking. "Her cracked ribs healed up and the cuts on her chest and abdomen have a slight infection but nothing antibiotics won't fix." "Like a measuring cup of liquid?" I hear Rachel ask nervously. "No. Through an IV." "Please not an IV. She's afraid of needles." "I'm sorry ma'am." I sigh, staring at her sadly. She's asleep right now. The doctor walks in with the IV and fluid bag. Rachel's face was red like she'd been crying and she was holding a sleeping Sierra in her arms. "She's gonna be fine, Rach." She nods, wiping her eyes. "I just hate seeing her in pain and upset." I hug Rachel and Sierra mumbled something in her sleep. The doctor stuck the IV in her arm, making her cry out but she stayed asleep. Everything will be okay.