Chapter 13

Miranda's pov

Tonight is the play. My hands are shaking from nerves. I take a deep breath as mom works on my princess costume. "Hold still silly girl." I can't. "Mom...." "Yeah?" "I'm scared." "Scared of what?" She asks. "I'm nervous. Jack likes me and we're gonna kiss. I don't know if I can do it." She looks me in the eyes and rests her hands on my shoulders. "Sweety you're gonna do great. I can't wait." We finish the dress and get in dad's truck. "Did I ever tell you how me and mama even met?" Dad asks, glancing back at me. I shake my head. "We were both in grade school. I busted a party popper near her on the last day of fourth grade." Mom laughs softly. "And three months later, I asked her out." He finishes, smiling over at mom. Wow. So mom and dad met at my age! "Dad, do you think Jack will be like mom is for you?" He smiles and we park in front of the school. "I hope so."

Jason's pov

The kids go backstage and I find Mike. "Dude, you'll never believe this." "What?" "Our kids have crushes on each other." His eyes go wide. "You're kidding!" I smile. "Nope. I saw Jack kiss her in the hallway. She's super nervous about the kiss at the end of the play." "Wow. I can't believe it!" He gasps wide eyed. I love it.

Miranda's pov

*later*

I pretend to be asleep. Jack walks onto the stage. "A kiss shall wake the fair maiden." I am super nervous. I hear him walking over. I feel his hands on my shoulders and he kisses me gently. I hide my nerves and pretend I just woke up for the play. Me and Jack staring at each other, a shocked expression on his face too. "Your line Jack." I whisper. "Oh right." He stands up. "The princess is awake! The spell is broken!" He sweeps me up to a standing position. I'm shaking. "Now beautiful princess, I'll take you to my castle where we will be wed!" After that we kiss again, the crowd claps, and the curtain drops. I stare into Jack's eyes. "I love you Jack." I whisper. He smiles.

Jason's pov

"I love you too." I hear Jack say when we were walking backstage to pick the kids up. Mike still looks shocked. "This is so cool, man. Our kids are in love." I love every second of this. "Ya know usually a dad is overprotective of their daughter falling in love. Why aren't you?" Rachel asks. "I don't know. I always told myself I would be but..... They're just perfect together."