Chapter 9

Miranda's pov

I was strumming on the guitar dad got me. Sierra was laying beside me, tears in her eyes and a forced smile on her face. "What do ya want me to sing?" She shrugs.

Jason's pov

"If you ever wonder, my words are true, just listen to how this song ends, I'm gonna love you forever and ever. Forever and ever amen." I smile hearing her sing that. "Sing another one." Sierra whispers. I push the door open. "Hey girls we're going to the fair soon so you gotta start getting ready." "Ok. One more song?" She asks. I smile. "Ok one more song." "Well she seemed alright by Dawn's early light though she looked a little worried and weak. He tried to pretend he wasn't drinkin' again but daddy left the proof on her cheek."

*later*

"Hey daddy! Win me a prize!" Miranda cries, tugging on my arm. I smile and hand over a dollar. I wind up and throw the ball, knocking them all over. "Yay!" Both girls squeal. I do it twice to get two prizes. "Hey Rach you want one too?" She smiles a flirty grin. "I'll get my own prize later." Wow! "You sure will baby girl." I say, smiling and pulling her into a kiss. We go on a few rides and stuff, the girls having a blast. I hold Rachel's hand, lacing my fingers with hers. "I love you Rachel." "I love you too." We go on the ferris wheel and I notice the kids both fall asleep. I smile and kiss Rachel again. "This has been a great day." "A great day indeed." We were at the top of the ferris wheel. She stands up. "Man look at this view." She gasps leaning over. I smirk. "I've got a great view back here too babe." I say, slapping her ass. She was about to sit on my lap when it got moving again. She lost her balance. Everything went in slow motion as I stood up to grab her. She screamed my name and shock and fear fills me as she tumbles to the ground. "RACHEL!!!!!!" I scream, waking the girls up. I slide down the structure and run to my wife. "Rachel!!" I cry horrified. Blood was running from her nose and she wouldn't wake up. "Please don't die baby!" The EMTs get here and I get the girls down. They're shaking and crying. I can't even breathe.

*later*

She is unconscious in the hospital. I grip her hand, the girls asleep on the couch. The doctor says she might not wake up. It's just like with Tanya. "God baby please wake up!" I beg in tears. I hear tiny footsteps and look up to see my little girl. She climbs on my lap. "Is mama gonna be okay?" I choke back the tears. "I hope so, princess." I close my eyes, tears racing down my face. I try to hide them from my daughter but she turns around and sees them. Sierra jolts in her sleep. I fear they both will wake up. But she stays asleep. Miranda rests her head on my chest, toying with my watch. "I've been a rolling stone... All my life... Flying all alone.... Flying high." She whisper sings. "I've been here. I've been around. I've been lost and I've been found." I say forcing a tired smile. "But who I am with you is who I really wanna be. You're so good for me. And when I'm holdin' you it feels like I got the world in my hands yeah a better man is who I am with you." That song makes me think of my Rachel. I hug my daughter tight then she goes to sleep again. I caress her cheek. "Please baby girl. I need you. I can't do this on my own. You're my rock. You're my whole world. I need you Rachel. Please wake up."

*later*

I wake up feeling a tugging on my arm. I groggily open my eyes. What I see makes me scream in relief. "Oh Rachel! You're okay!" I cry, hugging her tight. My shouts woke the girls up and they pile us with hugs. She's alive!