Chapter 23

Miranda's pov

Me and Sierra were walking through the woods. "Would you rather fly or be able to eat ten pounds of chocolate without throwing up?" She asked. "Eww. Fly duh." We both laugh. Then I hear a soft whimpering. I walk over to it and it's a baby bunny! But it's hurt!

Jason's pov

"DAD!" I spin around caught off guard. "What is it? What's wrong?" "We found a baby bunny daddy. In the woods but he's hurt!" Uh oh. There's no way it'll make it. I'll try anyway. I take the tiny bunny. "It looks like something bit him."

Miranda's pov

Dad works on him for a little while. "Is he okay, dad?" I ask, climbing up. He sighs. "I don't know sweety." He put him in a bunny cage. "Did you name him?" He asks. I shake my head. "How about Jeff." Sierra says. I nod. "I like the name. He looks like a Jeff." I say. Dad laughs.

*the next day*

Jason's pov

Whoa. I'm surprised. The bunny is still alive. Miranda and Sierra were feeding it lettuce. "Please tell me you girls went to sleep last night." Miranda blushes. That makes me think they didn't. I sit on the floor beside them. "Can we keep Jeff, dad?" "If he makes it." She sets him on the ground and he's looking stronger. "Which from the looks of it, he'll be okay." I was hoping it wouldn't die for the girls' sake.

Rachel's pov

"Hey girls how's the bunny doing?" I ask, stretching. They yawned. "He's walking on his own. Daddy saved him." Sierra says smiling. "Apparently the girls didn't go to sleep last night. They stayed up all night with the little guy." Jason says, propping his arm up on his leg. "Ok girls nap time. Me and your dad will take care of the bunny." "Ok." They go to bed and I sit beside Jason. "I've never had a pet bunny before." Jason says. I laugh. "You excited?" He laughs next. "Oh hush." I go to work on breakfast.

*2 weeks later*

Miranda's pov

I'm really glad Jeff didn't die. Dad gets home from work while I was playing a song for mom and Sierra. He smiles and sits beside me. I sing Brantley Gilbert's play me that song. I set my guitar down and run and hug daddy. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you too, princess."