5

You're at school and you're with Taylor*, that you met with when you encountered Raph on your way to her house.

You were wearing your favorite outfit today because you were really feelin yourself.

After you met up with Raph, that happened about two weeks ago, you guys have been hanging out a lot more, talking about random things. You could never get him out of your head and every time you hung out, you never wanted it to end.

You decided to talk to Taylor*, about it.  As you and Taylor are walking to first period, you make a sudden stop, holding her arm. She looks at you with one eyebrow cocked higher than the other:

"Umm... (Y/N), what are you doing?"

"How do you know if you really like someone but not as friend... more than that?"

Taylor's facial expression changed so quickly, it looked like it hurt. She went from "are you serious" to "ooooh somebody's got a crush" and you weren't about to let her think that for another second:

"Look, I don't like anyone. In fact, I'm doing this for a friend. She's never liked anyone before so she asked me for advice but you know me, I can't keep a guy for more than two months because I don't know what to feel."

Taylors face quickly saddens and she says, "(Y/N), are you going to talk to Kyle? He does seem pretty upset for hurting you."

You just stare at the ground and snap back saying, " He's pretty irrelevant!"

Taylor is about to say something but she holds it back knowing that you wouldn't want to hear it. You quickly change the subject by reminding her of the question:

"So ..... answer my question!"

"Oh! Well, you can't stop thinking about them, umm, you like hanging out with them a lot, you try to talk to them without embarrassing yourself and etc.."

W-what! That's basically everything I feel about him.... crap!

You put a smile on your face that anyone could tell was fake and grab both of Taylors hands, trying to cover up the fact that you were freaking out inside:

"Hey I gotta go but I'll meet you in first period!Ok?"

"But-"

You didn't let her finish as you were already far away from her.

You go to the bathroom and lock yourself in a stall.

How is this happening! I-I like a turtle for goodness sakes! Well I mean, he is pretty hot. Wait! Ugh! You know what? I'm gonna ask him out and if he says no, then it's all good. If he says yes then... I don't know! Yay...maybe?

You situate yourself before you head out of the bathroom. As you get out, you see Kyle talking to another girl. He looks like he's flirting with her but you aren't sure. For some reason you can start to feel the temperature rise in you and you feel like slapping someone. You shake of whatever feeling that was, before anyone started to notice and continued walking. As you passed by Kyle your eyes met but he quickly looked away. As he looked away, you did the same.

You walk into history and began your school day.

*After School*

When the last bell of the school day rang you ran out as fast as you could.

As you were walking home, you felt like someone was watching you so you looked back a couple times to find nothing behind you every time. Once you got to your house you went through the back door.

Just as you were about to walk in you saw something jump behind you. You turned around as quickly as you could just to stand in front of a 7 and a half foot long turtle:

"Ahhh! What the heck Raph! You scared me!" You say in between breaths

"Hey, it's not my fault that I have a scary appearance."

"No! What I meant was that you surprised me."

"Oh so am I that much of a surprise?"

You hope he's not being serious because you were about to slap someone and that someone would be him.

"Ugh don't try to play smart with me!"

"Ok, fine little miss diva!"

You sigh with relief, " Raph what do you want anyway?"

"Well... I came over to see you."

Without thought you automatically answer, "Sure!"

Suddenly you think back to what happened today at school and immediately freeze. Raph tries to get your attention,

"(Y/N)! Hello?"

You come back to reality,

"Raph! I need to talk to you!"

He shoots you with a concerned look on your face and you take a deep breath,

"So I've been meaning to ask you... "

You pause for a moment,

"W-will y-you go out w-with me?"

You're last word swoops up to a higher tone as you end the question.

There is a few seconds of silence and in those few seconds you've already regretted what you said, increased your heart rate, given yourself a higher risk of a panic attack and probably farted but no one has to know that.

He looks at you and sighs,

"Look I have to go" he says it in a monotone way.

Before you can say anything, he's already left, leaving you all alone.

You walk into your house, dragging your feet along the floor. You have this sudden urge to start crying and everything in your body goes weak.

What happened to not caring. You ask yourself this question as you just sit on the middle of the floor with your head in your hands, sobbing.

*two days later*

The two of you haven't talked since you asked him out and you still regretted what you said until today.