Chapter Ten

I have no copyrights to any of the photos below.
_________________

Cause and effect.

Spending most of my time contemplating such a simple decision. A choice that came with so much.

To me Max is my muse. Whether meant in a good sense or a terrible way, I found myself consumed by the idea of being his. It wasn't ownership. Not the dominance. But the way he held himself together. When he looked at me the night we...

The hurt behind those eyes. The swelling tissue that wrapped around old scars along his skin. My fingers tracing along them as if I were reading braille. The warmth of his heart within that moment told me all too much. It was as if he'd been lost for such a long time.

Max...I seem to be hooked. Compelled. Nothing more than to keep indulging in this sinful addiction.

From afar I heard the voice of Samuel coming closer. He'd been in the phone, instructing the movers to set up the new furniture in my new home.

I turned on my heal, heading toward his direction. In one last glimpse, I looked around the blank walls of my home. The taste of depression raining over my lips and tongue. Deepening my thoughts on whether I should go, seemed unnecessary. I was truly ready to leave this place. To forget all the nights spend wasting away. The nights of my sadness fogging the air. Staining my memories.

"Samuel. I'm ready."

To him, it was a surprise. But he made sure not to make even an attempt of emotion. He simply nodded.

____________________

The car ride seemed shorter than I thought. Within twenty to forty minutes we had arrived at the new home. From the outside it sat, beautifully costumed. A home build from an idea, it almost replicated a home I once found for my dream board.

Truly amazing

Truly amazing. As Samuel pulled into the driveway, the moving trucks began to pull off. Samuel parked the vehicle, climbed out, making his way toward my side. Opening the door, he extended his hand, guiding me up.

I could not take my eyes off of the beautiful sight in front of me. My mouth nearly gapped. This...

"Is so beautiful Samuel." I looked at him in awe. Samuel walked ahead, ushering me to follow him. Toward the front entrance, doubled doors locked in place, had a security camera pointing toward us. On the side held a panel. Samuel dialed in four digits, then once again but this time he repeated them aloud.

"0919-0919.

This is a temporary code placed by Max. Once he arrives, this code will be changed daily. For the time being, he simplified the code, with your birthday. Be sure to never give any code for this panel away."

"Okay."

Samuel continued, "Each number on the dial is coded by fingerprints. The only fingerprints registered are myself, Max, and yours. If anyone were to break into the panel or type in any digit, the home will go into lockdown. There's a similar panel inside the home. The first bedroom, the living area, and in the office area. Whether the doors are locked of open, once the panel goes off, the shutdown will begin. Understood?"

"Yes."

"Good, follow me." Samuel unlocked the door by pressing his fingers along the knob. Immediately after, a sensor recognized his prints, unlocked the door. Pushing the big doors apart, Samuel presented me with the most detailed paradise.

 The hallway had a staircase leading up to the full home, just as I reached the top, the sight of my new home filled the void in my heart

Samuel walked across the new wooden floors, and pointed to the panel that had resembled the one from outside. I was still caught up in excitement.

For a while, Samuel had been moving his lips, but because I was extremely overwhelmed, I couldn't make out a single word.

Just as I deepened my thoughts, Samuel came up from behind me, tapping me back just to reality.

"Sky—"

A familiar voice woke me from my dream.

Turning toward Samuel's direction, Max stood by the fireplace, watching me intensely. "M—I didn't know you'd be in tonight."

A smirk grew across his lips. His deepened look almost took a piece of what was left of me. Max looked toward Samuel, connecting a non communicative gaze, just before Samuel headed down the stairs. The door closing behind him. His car roaring in the driveway, just before he drove off.

Max now looking at me, pushed himself off the wall, moving toward me.

"I'll be showing you the rest of the home. Samuel has to take care of a few errands."

Max grabbed my hand gently, slightly tugging me toward his side. Moving his arm from his side, he grabbed my side, leading me with each step he took.

"As Samuel stated, I'll be making adjustments to our contract. Moving into this home, I'll be working from home here, sleeping here, watching over you."

"Max—"

"Sky just listen." Max looked down, taking in a breath, just before shifting his position to in front of me. His beautiful grey-blue eyes, staring deeply into my eyes, the heat between us becoming loud.

"I've never done this for anyone. But for you, I can't help it. It's confusing, but it seems to intrigue me." Max moved in, cuffing the right side of my face. The warmth of his hand, almost blinding me.

"I promise, you won't ever want or need a thing. I'll make sure to fulfill any and every desire you request. I'll please you in many ways, especially physically..." he pulled me closer to his lips, teasing his against mine. His flesh warming the flesh in between my thighs.

Planting a kiss on to my lips, Max dug in deeper, swirling his tongue into my mouth once I reacted.

Before I could utter a moan, he pulled away.

"Once I finish showing you around, we'll play.