Chapter 1

HEY GUYS. LINDSAY HERE! THIS IS MY FIRST EVER FANFIC! SO IT'D BE AWESOME IF YOU COULD COMMENT OR FAN OR WHATEVER. I'M OPEN FOR CRITICISM (: THANK YOU!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brianna’s POV

               His he kissed her from her mouth down her jawline and into the crook of her neck. His hands moved around her back hugging her closer to him. She felt stuck, unable to move. She reluctantly ran her hands up through his hair, staring back at him with wide eyes. He threw her down on the bed, undressing himself.

               “Matt, I don’t want to do this…” He ignored her protest and kissed her again, reaching down to unbutton her jeans.

               “Matt. Stop. I don’t want to.” She pushed him back but he kept coming.

               “MATT. I’M SERIOUS!” she shouted. He looked up, anger glaring in his eyes.

               “You’re such a priss.” He said harshly.

And then he slapped her.

I woke up with a stinging sensation on my right cheek. I reached my hand up and realized it was only my tears. I guess I was crying again. It was the third night in a row I’d had a nightmare about Matt abusing me since I’d finally broken up with him last week. I climbed out of bed and into the bathroom. I stared at the red faced, puffy-eyed girl staring back at me.

Is this really who he changed me into?

I looked absolutely miserable. I splashed some water on my face, deciding to get changed so I didn’t get questioned by my mom. I put on my favorite pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt before going downstairs. My mom was in the kitchen making waffles and my dad was at the table with his coffee and the newspaper.

“Morning hun, did you sleep well?” My mom asked without looking up from the waffles.

“Yeah I did thanks.” I lied taking a waffle off the plate and sitting down at the table. “Where’s Niki?” I asked.

“She slept over at Isabella’s last night, remember?” I tried to wrack my brain for some sort of memory.

“Oh right I think she told me that…” I said drenching my waffles in maple syrup.

“Well what do you have planned for today?” my mom asked as I got up.

“Umm I’m not sure yet. I think Holly and I were going to go shopping today.” I respond, heading for the stairs.

“Alright well don’t be out too long honey okay?”

“Yeah okay mom.” I close my door behind me and grab my phone off my bedside table.

Hey hol. Can we hang out today? I need to get out of my house :/

Less than a minute late I get a response.

Sure thing girl. I’ll come pick you up in a few. Do you mind if Liam comes with us?

Oh yeah I forgot about her boyfriend… I haven’t actually met him yet. They started dating when I was at camp last month. I decided I didn’t really need to respond so I tossed my phone on the bed and headed towards my closet. What to wear? I didn’t want to look like I was trying too hard, I mean Liam was Holly’s boyfriend but I didn’t want to look like I didn’t care either. I finally decided on my favorite jeans and a cute t-shirt. I put on a bit of mascara and some eyeliner before I went downstairs.