Never Let Me Go

It's been two years since I've seen him last. Two long years. He said that he'd come back for me but he hasn't. Was he even real or was it just a dream I'd had? My memories grow fuzzier by the day and I find myself forgetting everything about him.

"Help! Please!" I yelled as a man snatched my purse and made off with it. It had four pieces of silver and an uneaten apple that I needed for my journey. "Please!" I asked the people on the street frantically. It was too late, he'd disappeared into the streets. I sat down on the street in a defeated mood and cupped my face in my hands, having the cool of my fingers soothe my face. I was dropped here by Pan's shadow to keep me safe. He said that his son was coming after him and that I needed to leave. So I left and I've been here ever since, making porcelain figures for a living. It's not a bad life, just...empty. I've been called a looker and handsome men have tried to court me too, but...they're not Peter.

I was trying to make my journey to the Enchanted Forest. I heard that Queen and a King needed mercenaries to take out a foreign Queen's guards. I've always been good with a bow and a knife, so I thought I'd try it.

"Oh y/n!" My little brother, James called from the other side of the street. I quite literally hadn't made it 30 feet from my house before running into trouble. As soon as the carriages passed, he ran across and greeted me.

"A strange man says he wanted to see you." He grinned

"What strange man?" I stood back up and brushed my skirt.

"He says his name was Peter, he wanted to speak with you about important stuff."

"Peter?" That name rung a bell. "Show me where he is James!"

"Oh, alright." James dashed back across the street with me in toe and raced back to our house. I pushed the door open excitedly and found a guard sitting with my parents.

The guard was dressed in red attire and stood as he spoke, "Hello Miss, I'm Captain Peter Thalius. We believe that you are the accomplice of an attacker who has assaulted many people throughout this city."

"Attacks? Why I've never attacked anyone!"

"You may not have Miss, but a strange young man has been running around asking about your whereabouts then would attack anyone who said they didn't know. A few witnesses in the streets have confirmed that these events have happened and said that they've already seen quite a few."

"I assure you, I'm not involved in any grand attack plots." I shook my head nervously. I would be the last person on earth to schedule organized crime.

"Then what's that?" The guard pointed to my leg which had a knife wrapped against it.

"This-this is just my employment, see, I was going to work for-"

"Employment? So you are part of some criminal plots!" The guard walked over then held both of my arms and placed rope around my wrists. "You're coming with me!"

"No please! I'm not a criminal! I-I just..." He shoved me into the back of a carriage as I screamed. The guard began to drive and I saw my little brother wave goodbye. Tears welled up in my eyes as I knew how brutal the jails could be, especially here in Jarkonov.

The carriage then stopped suddenly without an explanation. I heard voices on the streets screaming and I reached for my knife in my boot to defend myself. It was no use, my hands were bound so tightly that I couldn't reach my leg. To my horror, I heard the front part of the carriage open with the guard's screams. My heart started to beat faster as I knew it could be robbers or slavers. The back door, where I was sitting, was flung open and I saw a dark figure standing outside. The figure cut my restraints then picked me up as I started to kick and scream. The figure carried me out of the carriage and threw me over his shoulder while still holding my limbs tight together. As I was pulled out, I saw a large crowd of soldiers that had surrounded the carriage.

"Surrender the prisoner! We know that you are the Jarkonov attacker!" The soldiers yelled.

The figure stood still and emotionless then finally spoke, "I came to get back what was rightfully mine." The voice sounded familiar but I couldn't put my finger on who it was (probably because my ears were pounding and my mind was racing from shock).

The figure lifted his hand beneath my knees and froze all of the soldiers. He then shot up into the air, still holding me firmly. Of course, this didn't help my shock, so I started to kick and scream even more.

"Quiet! You can be so annoying sometimes!" He scolded.

I found myself stifling my screaming, but I didn't know why. The voice was almost comforting and brought back the butterflies in my stomach.

We flew farther away and eventually I found myself hovering above the sea. "Please! Please don't kill me! I can work for you as a mercenary or something!"

He said nothing and dropped a glowing bean into the sea which opened up a swirling green portal between the waves. I turned my head and saw a great fleet of battleships pulling out of harbor. They started to fire their cannons and guns at us.

"Uh, Sir they-" I pointed to the royal navy firing their weapons at us.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about them. By the way, Ladies first!" He dropped me from the sky down into the swirling green portal. I felt the salt water consume my screams and I found myself blacking out from fear. All of this movement and speed soon calmed and I felt myself float to the surface of the water. I turned around and saw that there was an island not too far from me. I started to swim but I felt two familiar hands grab me up and out of the water, carrying me bridal style.

I turned to the dark figure, "You again?"

"Yes, me." The voice hummed playfully.

"Who exactly are you?"

"Shouldn't you know?"

The figure set me down on the beaches of the island and lowered so that his shoes were covered with sand.

"I suppose I don't know, so would you mind telling me who you are?"

The figure removed his hood and his face was revealed, "Why, I'm Peter, Peter Pan."

"Peter...Peter!" I flung my arms around his neck and I kissed him passionately which knocked him over onto the sandy shore.

"Wow, I didn't know I'd be so dearly missed!" The waves crashed on us leaving us both drenched. We laughed as they encapsulated us since nothing could ruin this moment. "Y/n I've missed you so much. I couldn't spend a day without wanting to be next to you."

"Oh, Peter!" I kissed him tenderly again. "How did you handle your son? Is-is he dead?"

"No, but I was. Funny story actually, I was actually killed by him, then met him in the underworld."

"But how are you here now?"

"I was touched by the River of Souls, but the gods owed me a few favors. Besides, Peter Pan never fails."

"You are so scheming sometimes you know!" He ran his fingers through my drenched hair and grinned brightly.

"That's just the way I like it. Welcome home, my Queen."

Ayo guys, startin' off with a Peter Pan imagines book. I hope you liked this imagine. PM me with any requests and I'll try to write them as soon as possible.

P.S. Check out these 2 accounts for Peter Pan imagines. Their writings are really good as well!

fulltimeoncer

and

PansLostGirl1996