Stolen Kisses

Special thanks to NeverlandBeliever for this imagine! 💚

"What is this feeling?" I ran my hands through my hair in a rage, my stomach churning with grief. "It's not quite anger, nor sadness; no, it's a much more sinister illness, a plague called jealousy."

I watched as she kissed him tenderly, without any regard for me. They sat upon the beach, the salty waves splashing up and over them and in between their breaths. They didn't care about their drenched clothes, they were smiling and laughing. They were in love, and I hated that.

She knew she was mine.

When she first arrived, I was too rough on her, I knew that I was too harsh. She looked...too much like Wendy, far too similar infact, and I couldn't handle that. Wendy had left the island several years ago, and I thought she'd returned when Lily came to the Neverland. I was gravely mistaken of course, for I began to love Lily more than I'd ever loved anyone.

She was my everything.

I sent her through training, the brutal sessions, which I suppose pushed her away even more. She went through them, never looking back, all the while a grin of hope and stubbornness drawn across her face. Her wild, mangy brown hair whipped in the wind behind her as she stood against the lost boys in the fights: unwavering, and unsettlingly strong. She worked and pushed and kicked her way to the top of the pack, having come from just a weak, shy girl. She hadn't just gotten stronger,

She had evolved.

Soon enough, I took a liking to her fire and we grew close, very close, or so I thought. What an idiot I was! She was clever to manipulate my fondness of her! I knew she had a brain behind those dark blue eyes, but I never thought she'd decieve me like this. She should have known though, with all her wit she should have guessed that no one ever manipulates me.

They don't dare try for fear of what I'd do.

During her training I would send her with Felix while I was attending to business, and to that I turned a blind eye. Felix, my friend, my second in command had signed a pact with me when he first arrived on Neverland. All I asked for was his undying loyalty and the promise of nonbetrayal. In exchange, I gave Felix a rather wonderful gift: the gift of immortality.

Now Lily, in her own cleverness, would use my absence as a cloak for escapes. When I was gone, she and Felix would hide away, running through the meadows and swimming on the beaches. I knew of these events of course, but I would take it as a a friendship between her and Felix, a trust between comrades.

Hidden deep down, they wanted to hurt me.

From my own fondness, Lily obtained good food and fine clothes from me as well as trinkets and magic objects to play with in the jungle heat. She would instead take the food and clothes and go run about, run away with my trusted friend. It was a cunning plan, they knew that I trusted Felix like a brother and that I would not suspect a thing.

They became careless however when they had drunk themselves to the bottom of a bottle of rum we'd stolen from a pirate one night. In the moonlit forest they stumbled through the trees singing sweet whispers of love and eventually found themselves on the beach where'd they'd crashed. How did I find this out you may ask? I followed the trail of apples that had fallen out of Lily's shawl when she was swaying through the woods. Where I'd expected to see my love asleep against a log, I instead found a young couple with their lips entangled in one another.

"ENOUGH!" I bellowed as I walked onto the shore, my eyes turning blood red. Lily and Felix parted, their cheeks rosy and eyes foggy.

"Oh Pan..." Felix's eyes widened with shock. "Pan!" He jumped to his feet with all the balance he could muster. "This is not what it looks like!" Felix knelt at Pan's feet, his voice quivering with dishonesty. "I would never betray you like this."

Lily remained sitting on the sand, her long pink dress fluttering from the ocean wind. Her eyes were tear rimmed and red now, but tears didn't dare fall. A single empty bottle of rum was laid across her lap, the last few drops of the sweet golden poison dripped onto the sand.

I looked at Lily venomously, I couldn't even begin to express my bloodthirsty rage at this moment to her. I turned to Felix with an even harsher glare and smacked the side of his head with the handle of my dagger, sending him crashing on the sand. "What does this look like to you Felix? I say it looks pretty bad!" I lifted my foot off the ground and placed it upon Felix's unconscious expression. "You broke the contract, and now you must pay." I lifted my foot steadily and was prepared to smash his skull in until I heard a whimper and then a slash of steel.

I turned about and saw Lily standing behind me with a dagger in hand and tears streaming from her dark eyes. I then noticed what the sword had slashed: she had cut open my back with a deep gash.

"You kill me before you kill him." She sobbed. "If I win, you set us free."

I turned around slowly, with an insane rage seething inside of me. "You...challenged me?" I began to laugh psychotically. "You really have to reevaluate the situation, love." I shook my head mockingly. "No, you should really be running right now." I ran toward her with my sword drawn and she did not flinch. Instead a single tear ran down her face met with the quick movement of her sword.

She looked me dead in the eyes as I realized what she'd just done. I felt the steel pushing through my ribcage. Her piercing gray eyes stared with harshness that shook me to the core. "I may be drunk on rum, but you're drunk on jealousy, Pan." She rapidly removed her dagger from my core. "It's never good to come to a fight inebriated."

I plummeted to the ground, my blood spilling on the sand. How could she, a mere lost girl send me to the ground in one blow, a fatal one at that! She said I was drunk on jealousy! What ridiculousness is that anyway? I paused and looked down at my hand, now bloody and shaking.

Was I drunk on jealousy after all?

No, this was just a lucky shot. I felt my eyes turn pitch black from the rage building up inside of me, "You have no idea what you've done, have you?"

"I never loved you Pan and I never will." She stood there grimly, the tear had evaporated off her face which left a cold hearted fighter in it's place. "I've won. Let Felix and I leave."

I said not a word but instead raised my hand in the air, a malicious grin crossing my lips. "You really should know this by now, Lily. I NEVER lose." My shadow descended from the sky and encapsulated her.

"What are you doing?!" She screamed.

"You might be a talented fighter, but let's see how you do without your shadow." The shadow then grabbed the black lining around Lily and ripped it from her, causing Lily to fall forward onto the sand. She rose to her feet shakily and looked up at the shadow above her, her silhouette flew around with a menacing glare.

"What did you do?" She cried as she sunk to her knees.

"You ripped a piece of me out, so I did the same to you." I waved my hand over my waist, completely healing my wound. "You won't see the sunlight again, but your shadow will, forever." Lily's face pressed down into the sand, she had finally given up. Her shadow flew about with a haunting cry up into the air and vanished into the Neverlandian night.

I walked over and brushed the hair off of her cheek which had now gone cold. I whispered faintly in her ear so that she might still hear it in her comatose state.

"Pan never fails."

Again, thank you so much to NeverlandBeliever for this imagine idea and putting up with my weird writing schedule! If you enjoyed this imagine, please leave a vote and if you'd like to make a request for one, just leave me a comment or PM me!

-MasterOfTheSevenSeas ⚓