Tell Me That It's All Gonna Be Alright

Imagine request courtesy of Panslostgirl199571

How did she get here? From what far away land did she come from? How could she be sitting right here in my arms so beautiful, but yet so broken? Tears pouring down her cheeks, her dark brown eyes twinkling while looking into mine. She was perfect in every sense of the word.

Just how could she not realize that?

-----

"Elizabeth, come down for breakfast!" A warm tone rung though the halls of her suburban house. It was the Friday of the first week back at school and Elizabeth had already given up. There she lay, in her pajamas, face-down on her bed with the clock reading 7:50am.

Elizabeth woke with a start and glanced at the alarm clock which by now was blaring like a siren. "No, no, no!" She sprung out of bed and brushed her light brown hair out of her eyes. Running about the room, she grabbed her homework from last night and jammed it into her backpack. Papers, highlighters, and pencils flew about in a flurry; no stationary was safe from the hurricane that was Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth, seriously!" Her mom called from downstairs. The click of her mother's high heels was like a drumbeat, one that made her heart only beat faster as she crammed stuff into her bag.

"I know, I'm coming!" Elizabeth zipped and lifted her bag onto her shoulders. Once situated, she started down the stairs until she noticed she was still in her bed clothes. "Oh crap!"

"ELIZABETH!"

"I'LL BE RIGHT THERE MOM!" She started up the stairs as fast as humanly possible; this was the fourth time she'd been late this week and if she missed the bell today, there'd be hell to pay.

Elizabeth threw down her bag and scrambled about her room, searching for her jeans. She had thrown about a dozen blankets off her bed to look for them until she spotted a rather peculiar book placed directly under her pillow.

Pausing in her frantic search, she lifted the cotton pillow and underneath was a hardcover book labeled Peter Pan and Wendy.

"How funny," She smirked. "I didn't know I still had this." Elizabeth took the book into her hands and smoothed the shiny blue cover. This book was practically her life when she was little, she had dreamed of going to Neverland as long as she could remember.

Elizabeth had seen this book about a billion times, but it was different today, something about it was off. She was compelled to take it with her, even though it was a "baby's book". No, she was certainly more than compelled, she was destined to take it with her today.

"ELIZABETH! I'M LEAVING!"

She rushed over and crammed the book into her bag. Quickly she whipped on her outfit: jeans and a purple tee-shirt with an oversized sweatshirt labeled Cutie Pie with a graphic that featured a pie with a pink bow (she'd gotten it from her aunt a couple months ago, and as much as it was cheesy, it was hella comfortable).

"Elizabeth, we have GOT TO GO, NOW!" Her mother hollered from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" Elizabeth huffed as she bolted to the car. She threw her bag into the backseat and practically dove into the passenger seat of the car. "Alright, ready to go."

"Elizabeth," Her mother glanced at her daughter as she began to back out of the driveway. Her mother was quite put together as always, today she wore red lipstick and a "may I speak to your manager" haircut. "Couldn't you wear something a little nicer for picture day? You've worn your hair the same way for every photo."