Come With Me

"Hello Peter," I hadn't turned around, but I knew he was there.

"Kiana." He snarled. "As pleasant as ever I see."

"What do you want? I'm quite busy as it is!" I continued to throw my set of knives at a nearby tree for practice. The Queen's marksman always had to be on target.

"I need more boys." As he approached closer I could barely hear his footsteps on the ground. I was just barely able to sense him using my heightened senses from years of training. "I need you to round them up for me."

"And why should I help you again?" My steel knife sunk into the bark of the tree ahead. "You're the one with the pipe, you do it." As I threw a second knife, it split the first in two pieces cleanly. "Damn, third one this week!"

"Kiana, you know why I can't use the pipe to lure them anymore."

I turned around and my brown orbs met his startling green eyes. "I'm afraid I don't know." I used my index finger to push him back a bit. "If you weren't so vague all the time, I might actually help you."

Pan grabbed by hand tightly as his eyes turned blood red. "You really like provoking me at the worst times, don't you Kiana?" He dropped my hand in front of my shocked expression and continued, "Neverland is dying now. There's barely any magic left to bring me here. I need you to use the flute to harness this realm's magic."

"Again, what's your price?" I smirked arrogantly. I wasn't just about to give into his dark presence just because I was a little afraid. Besides, I'm the only one whose ever beaten him in a fight. If anything, he should be terrified of me.

"The price is Kiana, that you get to live." His blood red eyes sustained their red luster. "You see this?" He held up a dagger stained with what seemed like purple ink.

"So? A little poison won't hurt me much." I laughed. "Ever since you granted me immortality, I'm just as powerful as you."

"Oh, so you think." He chuckled under his breath, "This is Dreamshade. One drop of this and you'll have to return with me forever."

"And then I'll fly off, because I can."

"Unfortunately, no." Pan began to pace around me like a shark circling it's prey, "You won't be able to escape. Your immortality might stop you from dying, but the dimensional borders most certainly hold true."

"Dimensional borders?" I huffed. "No such thing!"

"Alright then, suit yourself." He went to pierce my shoulder but I quickly parried the attack with one of my blades.

"Not so fast," I grinned mischievously.

"Good moves, but I have one thing you don't: magic." Pan waved his hand in the air which distintigrated all my blades.

"Wha-Hey!" Pan waved his hand again and teleported me closer.

"So, are you going to round up these boys or not?" He glared intensely. This anger, this expression suddenly broke my strong exterior. I didn't understand why, but I found myself breaking down into tears for the very first time.

Hot tears ran down my cheeks as I sniffed and wailed. I've never cried like this before. Was it the long years after he abandoned me in the streets to become a thief? Was it that I presumed him dead but when he came back from the Underworld he went off with another girl? Was seeing his face again just a terrifying reminder of the emptiness of my affections? I do not know. All I did know was that the tears kept streaming down until I couldn't cry anymore.

"Kiana!" Pan began to get angrier. "Why are you crying?!" I didn't answer. I sunk to my knees in a puddle of my shattered emotional wall. As he watched me crumple to my knees I could feel his expression soften. "Kiana..." The magical hold on me fell away and I was free from his grasp. He walked toward me slowly and knelt down. "Kiana..."  He whispered as I sobbed. He reached his hand out to smoothed my hair, but I stopped him with my wrist.

"No." I muttered. I looked up from the ground and looked into his once again green eyes. "You hurt me. I can't do this again." I found my face again falling into my cupped hands until a thumb and forefinger turned my head to look at him again.

"You wretched wench!" As I gazed into his eyes I saw tears welling up in them as well. Once he blinked they ran down his face like a rainstorm. He flickered open his eyes. "Why do you always have to make me feel again?"

I again broke away from his grasp. "You made me live far longer than I wanted to. Centuries, Peter. I've lived alone for so long in this unaging body in a forever progressing world." I looked away from him off into the distance. "Even if I wanted to move on I couldn't, no one could love an anomaly like me: never aging, never being able to settle down. Boys that I've loved have long gone away from me, died off, had grandchildren with other women. You've left me nothing!"

"You're wrong." He muttered.

"Wrong that you've left me a life of seeing ones that I love die?" My voice began to crack from my sadness. "I think that's quite the truth!"

"No, you're wrong when you said no one could ever love you." He pulled me into a tight embrace as I sat there in my puddle of tears. The green grass intertwined my toes and fingers as the gripped the ground. Pan leaned over and pressed his lips to my ear, "I've always loved you, more than you'd ever know."

"Why did you leave me for that girl?" The tears again ran down my cheeks.

"I lost sight of who I really cared about."

"I can't do this!" I yelled as I choked on my tears. "I'll fall in love with you and you'll just leave me again!"

"No," He pulled out the purple stained dagger. "Never again." He pricked his finger which began to turn his blood a purplish color. "I want to spend every last minute with you. My love, Kiana."

"Peter!" I gasped. He began to levitate, being dragged back to Neverland.

"Come with me." He grinned through his tears. He held out his hand as he was pulled to the North, toward the second star to the right.

I flew up into the air and laced my fingers between his and nodded. "Peter," I gazed into his eyes. "Don't you want to go on more adventures?"

"Kiana, you are my adventure." He pulled me close to him and the both of us flew back to Neverland, away from the earth to live for the rest of Neverland's existence in peace.