The final goodbye

Pearl sat on the couch holding Lapis' gem, in hope that she would return. But with a broken gem, it was highly unlikely. She began to think of how to get her back. But she didn't know. Pearl sniffled and got up walking to the temple. She used her gem to open the door and she walked inside her room. She looked around. It was quiet. Really quiet. She jumped up to the highest pillar making sure she didn't drop 'Lapis'. She closed her eyes as she sat down.

She saw something reflect light not to far away. She focused her gaze on it. It was the mirror. Her eyes widened as she grabbed it. She turned around. She saw the spot right where Lapis' stone had fit before. She looked at Lapis' stone. Maybe if she put it back, she could talk to her, like before. If Pearl could find a way to heal Lapis' gem, she could always pull it off again.

So, that's what she did. She fit Lapis' stone right back into the mirror. She turned it around almost expecting an immediate response. But nothing came.

"Lapis....I....wanted to say thank you...you saved me...but you didn't have too.." She continued to look at the mirror trying not to cry. No responses were coming from the mirror. " I also wanted to say....I love you too Lapis..." She felt a tear roll down her cheek. She looked down sighing gently.

" Lapis love you too. " The mirror played back some of Pearl's words. Pearl looked up surprised. " Lapis...wanted to saved you.." The grammar was incorrect and Pearl knew it. But it didn't matter.

Pearl smiled a little. She knew it was Lapis talking to her. " I'm sorry your gems broken...I don't know what to do...If I had Rose here, she could fix it...but she's not.."

"Gems broken..' Was all the mirror gave out. Lapis must've been crushed to find this out.

" Lapis I-"

"Lapis wanted to.." The mirror stopped as if it were missing a word.

"What is it? What did you want to do?..." But the mirror stayed silent. " Lapis please....don't leave me alone...." Pearl teared up slightly.

" Lapis want you...to...leave me alone.." The mirror said and Pearl flinched slightly.

" But Lapis-"

" Leave me alone..." The mirror said cutting her off.

Pearl sighed softly. " It wasn't my fault, I didn't mean for it to end like this..." But the mirror didn't say anything. Pearl knew that Lapis wasn't going to say anymore. She set the mirror down next to her sighing gently. " Alright Lapis....but you're not leaving my side..." She said softly, as almost to herself.

" Alright.." The mirror said gently.

Pearl smiled softly as she closed her eyes. The words Rose said earlier playing in her head. You'll see her again...

Pearl laid down. She just hoped that, that day was soon.