The confession

Pearl eventually began to stir blinking her eyes open. Lapis looked towards her. She smiled widely.

" Your awake."

Pearl sat up as if she wasn't in pain anymore. "I am." She looked at Lapis. " Are you alright?"

Lapis nodded. " I am.." Lapis continued to hear what Amethyst said earlier in her head, Tell Pearl while she still feels the same.. What did that mean? Did that mean Pearl changed her feelings about people quite quickly?  Or did it mean that their was someone who could instantly draw Pearl back to her in a heartbeat? Lapis did know. 

Lapis blinked before she realized Pearl was waving a hand in front of her face. Obviously trying to get her attention. Lapis' eyes widened slightly as she blushed a little. " What was that? " Lapis asked softly.

Pearl let out a huff. " I was asking if you felt alright to stand, I wanted to go down to the beach. I figured you might want to come too."

Lapis' body still hurt, but maybe going to the beach would help. Just to feel the water wrap around her and protect her. Lapis gave a small nod. " Sure.."

Pearl stood up and extended a hand towards Lapis. Lapis took her hand gratefully and smiled a little as Pearl helped her stand.

"Alright ready?" Lapis nodded. "Okay then, come on." Pearl began to walk towards the door. Lapis followed, but at a more slow pace, due to the pain.

Once they were out the door and down the steps, it didn't take long for the two gems to reach the beach. Lapis sat right on the shoreline. Pearl hesitated for a moment before she sat next to Lapis.

A wave came up and hit them both making them wet. Lapis looked at Pearl laughing softly. She watched as Pearl slowly looked back her hair dripping. Pearl looked mad at first, which caused Lapis to stop laughing. Pearl began to laugh splashing Lapis. Lapis was a little surprised at Pearl's reaction. But Lapis splashed back as she began to laugh.

After a while, it had turned into a splash fight. The sun had begun to go down again and Lapis sat down, Pearl joined her a moment later. They looked at the direction of the setting sun.

Lapis thought this was a perfect moment to to tell Pearl how she felt. "Pearl...."

" Yes Lapis? " Pearl said softly.

" I have to tell you something.."

" What is it? " Pearl looked at Lapis.

" I....it's hard to explain...when you found my mirror..I found hope...then you got me out...and you even were going to let me go home...but I realized that this is my home..here with you and the Crystal Gems...but yesterday,  when we fused....I felt so close to you...I felt...I felt a deep connection..like..like I wanted to stay with you fused forever....I...I think I love you Pearl..."

Pearl looked away silent. Lapis looked at Pearl then away. Oh great...I probably just blew it...

She heard Pearl stand up. Lapis felt her breath get caught in her throat. She felt tears form in her eyes as she heard Pearl begin walking away.