Lapis... (pt 2)

Pearl got up quickly. She looked at the ground where they had landed. Only to see Lapis' gem. Which was cracked.  Pearl feel to her knees picking up the gem.

"N-no! Lapis!" Pearl let out before bursting into tears. Pearl felt something inside her trigger that no person should feel. She couldn't describe it. If she could, it'd be hate. She set Lapis' stone down and stood up turning around. She drew her weapon quickly and threw it at the other like a spear.

But it missed the enemy gem. The enemy gem let out a laugh. "Is that all you got?"

"Why don't you just leave before we destroy you and your Diamond! " Pearl hissed.

The enemy gem had a look of disbelief and fear spread across their face. But Pearl's threat worked. The enemy gem turned around and ran back inside the ship and left.

Pearl turned around picking Lapis' stone up again. New tears forming in her eyes.

" You gave your life to save me....why? I left you alone..." Pearl whispered softly beginning to cry. "Please don't leave me..I need you..." She held the gem close to her chest as she felt a hand on her shoulder. Pearl turned around and saw Rose. Her eyes widened. " R-rose?! W-what are you doing here?!"

The tall female stood smiling softly down at Pearl. " I've come to say goodbye." Those words cut Pearl like a knife, but also calmed her nerves.

Pearl continued to cry. " Not you too...Please don't leave me..."

" It's my time. Steven's almost here now...." Rose sighed gently. Rose wrapped her arms around Pearl hugging her gently. " Don't cry my Pearl..." Rose said gently holding Pearl. " And Pearl," Pearl looked up at Rose. " You'll see her again. " She looked at the gem in Pearl's hands. Pearl looked down at the gem then back up.

But when she did, Rose was gone.  Pearl tried her best not to cry. She just lost two people she loved. At almost the same time. Pearl shook her head as she felt a hand on her shoulder. She spun around hoping that it was Rose.

But it was only Garnet. " Come on. Let's get back to the temple."

Pearl only nodded in response beginning to walk with Garnet.