Do it for her

Lapis and Pearl had spent quite a few days on training. Lapis was beginning to get good. Occasionally now, she could destroy hollogram Pearl.

Pearl had grown proud of Lapis. Not just because she had learned to use a weapon she didn't pull from her gem, but even if she lost, she would get up and try again. Pearl hummed softly making another hollogram of her appear.

"How about one more and then we'll call it a day?" Lapis smiled and nodded.  " Alright ready?"

" Do you wish to engage in battle? " The hollogram said flatly.

Lapis smiled widely. " Yes I do."

Pearl watched as Lapis stepped closer to the hologram. She began humming again.  Lapis got ready and took a deep breaths.

" Level 15, begin." The hologram said as it's eyes turned red and lunged at Lapis. Lapis dodged and spun around trying to hit the hollogram's chest.

Pearl watched. Impressed. She continued to watch as Lapis continued to fight.  She noticed the hollogram began to get more aggressive towards Lapis as time went on.  Finally the hologram had hit Lapis and she'd fallen. The hollogram had stabbed her side. It wasn't enough to poof her. But she was in severe pain. Pearl gasped and drew her weapon. 

" Don't hurt her!" Pearl jumped attacking the hollogram. But, before Pearl hit it, it moved. Pearl huffed turning around and blocked a hit from the hollogram. They kept returning blocked blows back and forth. Finally, Pearl thought she hit the hologram and beamed. The hologram stopped moving and Pearl turned around and hurried to Lapis.

" Lapis are you-?" Pearl started. 

"Pearl look out!"

But Pearl hadn't had the time to react. The hollogram's sword had went straight through her stomach. Pearl froze pain coursing through her.

"P-Pearl!" Lapis' eyes filled up with tears.

" I-it's okay...." She whispered.  But with that, she poofed and all that was left was her gem. Lapis felt tears going down her cheeks as she saw the gem laying on the ground. 

"P-Pearl! " She managed to squeak out.

" Do you wish to engage in battle? " The hollogram said flatly.

Lapis grabbed her sword looking up at the hollogram.  Hatred running through her. Even though the hollogram wasn't real. She hated it and wanted it gone.

" Do you wish to engage in battle? " It said again.

" Yes, for her." She stood up getting ready. The hollogram took the first swimg. Lapis dodged and blocked it. Lapis begun to repeatedly swing at the hollogram.  Finally, after what seemed like forever, she hit her. The hollogram disappeared and Lapis beamed before turning around.  She gasped when she saw Pearl standing where she had lft her gem. The stars in her eyes and a light aqua blush.

" P-Pearl? Y-you're okay?"

She nodded quickly.  " Of course I am! Look at you! You won!"

Lapis beamed proudly and hugged Pearl tightly crying softly. She didn't know why. Maybe it was joy.

Pearl tensed when Lapis hugged her. But once she began to cry, she looked down at her and hugged her back gently. "Hey...don't cry..."

" I-i thought you were gone..." Lapis sniffled softly.

Pearl shook her head. "A real gem would never leave another in battle."

Lapis looked at Pearl before smiling a little. " Thank you.."