Confidence

Pearl turned the mirror around taking a deep breath. She began to try and pull the gem off. It didn't even seem like it was budging at all. She sighed softly and stopped. She moved her hand to try and get a better grip on the gem. She began trying to pull the gem off again.  She teared up slightly at the thought that she wasn't strong enough. 

She was about to stop when she felt a hand placed on her shoulder.  She tensed up and turned around seeing Rose. "R-rose! B-but I thought-!"

"Shhhh... it's okay.." Rose wiped her tears before putting her hand on the others over the gem. She helped Pearl pull the gem off the mirror before smiling softly. "My Pearl~" She whispered softly.

When Pearl felt the gem in her hand she went to show Rose but, she wasn't there. 

"You were always strong enough.." Pearl could hear the faint sound of her voice. But couldn't see it. She went to call for Rose but before she could the gem started to float out of her hand. Her eyes widened as she looked at the gem. A bright blue flash and then a gem fell to her knees.

Pearl gasped softly. As she looked at the person she saw in front of her. The gem tried to stand her legs still a little wobbly.  She almost fell when Pearl caught her. The other gem quickly looked at Pearl her blue eyes wide.

Pearl's eyes were equally as wide. The gem smiled widely and giggled slightly.  " Y-you freed me!"
"
"I didn-" Pearl stopped for a second before she had a flashback to earlier. Rose had been there. Rose had helped her. But when she looked back...Rose wasn't there. As though she hadn't been there at all... like Pearl had made it up. Almost like Pearl had done it herself.

Pearl smiled widely nodding.  "That's right! I did do it!" Pearl felt the confidence returning to her from earlier.