Amethyst..

Pearl had done a bit of research on the mirror to see if it was lying.  Unfortunately, she hadn't been able to find anything on the mirror. Which was a little weird. But at the same time, it calmed Pearl. Meaning, it wasn't for the enemies. 

When she wasn't doing research,  she was in a calm area. Near the battle site. Practicing, training. She had gotten a puching bag, she managed to find it in Amethyst's mess of a room.  She had gotten a bit stronger.  So she warped home.

A new confidence flowed through her. She smiled widely as she stepped off the warp pad walking to the kitchen grabbing a wash cloth wiping her head off. Due to it being a little sweaty. She began to the door when the door opened and Amethyst walked out.

"Sup P!" She said laughing softly.

Pearl groaned.  " Hi Amethyst. "

" Hey P, how about me and you go on a quest?! Just us two! Just like you and Rose used to do!"

Pearl's eyes widened at the name of their former leader.  "No Amethyst. "

Amethyst's bright smile faded and a frown grew onto her face. "Why are you like this?!"

"Why am I like what?" Pearl asked shocked by the sudden voice tone change in the other.

" Ever since Rose picked Greg and left us you've hid in your room! You got so serious! You never want to have fun anymore! It's like we aren't even here to you!" Amethyst said as tears began to form in her eyes.

Pearl listened and her eyes widened. "You are here to me! And I do want to have fun with you guys, just like old times." Pearl reached out to put her hand on the other gems shoulder. 

But Amethyst yanked her shoulder away. " Don't touch me!"

"Amethyst! "

"Just go in your room! Seems you were already on your way to it!" Amethyst said tears beginning to fall down her cheeks. 

"Amethyst please, can't we talk?"

"I don't want to talk anymore! " Amethyst yelled running out of the house slamming the door. Pearl turned watching her leave. She put a hand over her chest, as if to say her heart had broke. She teared up a little when she felt a hand on her shoulder.  She gasped and turned around seeing Garnet.

"Just give her some time...she'll get over it.." Pearl nodded sniffing. Garnet gave a soft smile before walking outside to see how Amethyst was doing.  Pearl sighed softly before walking to the door and opening it with her gem. The door opened and she walked in.  Her head up.

Once the door closed she fell to the ground sobbing.  She heard her name get called and she looked up.  She looked around hearing it again. Then her eyes widened as she remembered.  The mirror. She quickly got up jumping onto the tallest pillar seeing the mirror.  She quickly wiped her face before picking up the mirror.

"I-I'm here.." She tried to sound confident and she tried to pull a smile. It was obvious that she had been crying.

"Where you crying?" The mirror asked softly.

"N-no! Why would I d-do that?" She tried to manage a laugh. 

"Why were you crying?" The mirror asked pressing on the matter. Pearl sighed and sat down taking a deep breath.  She began to explain the whole thing. From the moment she got back to walking into her room. She didn't leave out a certain detail. The mirror was silent for a moment before it replied. "Whose Rose?"

" Rose...she was a perfect gem.." She created a hollogram of Rose infront of her. " She was a perfect leader, of the rebellion.. with excellent fighting skills...no one could beat her...she was hard working and calm. She was stern, and kind. She was everything to this team....a-and me...." She teared up as she made the hollogram disappear.  She set the mirror down wiping her eyes.

" That was the Rose Quartz? " The mirror said as if it could've seen the hollogram. 

" Yes....yes she was..." Pearl gave a soft sigh.

" Where is she now?"

"Inside her son...when he was 'born' she gave up her life so he could have one..." She let a tear go down her cheek before shaking her head. " But its okay. Now, let's try and get your gem off..." Pearl stood up grabbing the mirror.