First battle

Lapis and Pearl ran outside hand in hand nervous to see what was outside.  They saw Amethyst and Garnet looking up. So they looked up themselves and saw a ship. Their eyes widened.  Lapis gasped softly before putting a hand on her sword, but not drawing it. But Pearl drew hers. Almost at once a very tall orange gem jumped out of the ship looking at the gems below.

"Where is she?!" The gem growled softly.

" Where's who?" Pearl called up to the enemy gem.

" Rose Quartz!" The gem snapped. As if it was obvious.

" She's not here right now, but I'll tell her you stopped by!" Amethyst said as she drew her weapon and whipping it so that it wrapped around the enemy gem. Once she had it, Amethyst pulled the gem down. Almost at once the enemy gem broke free. Amethyst gasped softly as Pearl and Lapis ran down the steps to join the others. Pearl let go of Lapis' hand before she jumped attacking the enemy gem. But was easily tossed aside.

"Ouch~" Pearl said as she hit the ground hard.

Lapis gasped and ran over to Pearl to see if she was alright. "Pearl..."

Pearl looked up at Lapis.  " I'm alright. " Lapis smiled softly and extended a hand to help her up. Pearl took her hand graciously. "Thank you. "

"No thank you.." Lapis said gently before hugging her gently. Pearl hugged back kissing her head gently. With that there was a bright flash.

The enemy gem made a face filled with disgust. Amethyst cheered and Garnet smiled softly.

There was a gem were Pearl and Lapis has been standing. The new gem looked confused looking down at her hands. "Huh? Is this?! Are we?!"

Garnet smiled softly. "Calm down.  You don't want to unfuse already. "

"Fusion?!" The new gem looked up excitedly.

"Fusion! I should've known the rebellion was weak enough to need those!"

"We're not weak!" Amethyst yelled mad.

The enemy gem looked at Amethyst laughing softly. "How long ago did you come out of your hole runt?!"

The new gem growled softly.  " Stop picking on my friends!  We're not weak!"

"Prove it then, Fusions." The enemy gem crossed it's arms.

The new gem nodded and grew wings and drew it's weapon. Just like Pearl's. Garnet grew her gauntlets still smiling softly. Amethyst pulled out her whip starting to grin.

All at once, the gems dove attacking the enemy gem. The enemy gem was startled and it's eyes widened and it turned trying to get back to the ship it came from. But Garnet punched her and the new fusion hit the enemy gem with Pearl's weapon while Amethyst whipped the enemy gem. The enemy gem let out a growl of frustration. Eventually the Crystal Gems got tired. The enemy gem looked obviously beaten and defeated. So they let them go.  They managed to get back to their ship and turned looking at the new fusion and growled. 

" You're useless, I see why you wanted to fuse. You knew you couldn't win without the fuse," There was a pause as the fusion landed next to Garnet. The fusion's eyes widened with disbelief and uncertainty. " Because you're nothing! " The enemy gem growled softly. 

" That's not true... " The fusion said as brave as they could. Although, it didn't sound to confident.

" Is it? A pearl fusing with a lazuli. How crazy is that? Especially a pearl fighting! Pearl's are nothing but pretty toys that obey the diamonds orders!"

"Well this Pearl does more than wait for a stupid diamond to tell me what to do!" The fusion said snapping quickly.  Obviously the part of Pearl said this.

"And a Lapis! All that they do is bring messages and twirl the water around." The gem amused with the reactions they were getting from the fusion.

" Well I guess I proved you wrong!" The fusion snapped again. That must have been Lapis. Suddenly, a giant hand came up made out of the water.

The enemy gem laughed softly. " Next time Lazuli, you'll be on my side." The fusion growled amd the giant hand came up punching ship up and out of sight.

When all of a sudden there was a bright flash and Pearl and Lapis fell back onto the ground.