Who was that?

Lapis and Pearl had to be carried back to the house. The fusion they made took out every ounce of energy they had in them. Lapis had fallen asleep quickly on the couch. Pearl laid awake. She couldn't rest. Not even that she needed to. She was still in pain from when she hit the ground earlier. Plus she couldn't get what the enemy gem had said out of her head. 'Next time Lazuli, you'll be on my side...' They sounded so sure. It made Pearl uneasy. She looked at Lapis who laid peacefully asleep. Gems didn't need to sleep, but sometimes they did. She wasn't surprised Lapis did. Pearl could've fallen asleep herself. If her mimd wasn't such a mess at the moment.  Pearl blinked realized that she had been staring at Lapis. She blushed a dark aqua and looked away from her. She didn't want Lapis to leave and be on Homeworld's side. She wanted Lapis to stay here and fight with her. For as long as the Earth survives. When they fused, it felt so natural, and so nice. It wasn't awkward. Like being fused with Garnet or Amethyst. It felt almost felt like fusing with Rose. She felt safe and at home. Pearl couldn't exactly explain how it felt anyways.

Pearl hadn't notice Amethyst sneak infront of her sitting down grinning slightly with excitement. Pearl blinked before seeing her. She jumped before growling softly. " Amethyst! "

Amethyst chuckled lightly. " Hi P."

"What do you want? " Pearl said softly not wanting to wake Lapis up.

"Whatcha doin'?" Amethyst asked simply.

Pearl furrowed her browns together. "I'm laying down. "

"Sounds like fun." Amethyst said grinning again.

Pearl huffed softly. " Can I help you with something? "

" Well I have a few questions.." Amethyst glanced away for a moment before looking at Pearl again. Which wasn't like Amethyst. She usually just asked the questions dismissing that Pearl didn't want to hear them. But not today.

Pearl raised a brow. "Well I suppose. As long as you don't wake Lapis.."

Amethyst nodded. " Speaking of Lapis, what was your fusion's name?" She tilted her head slightly.

"Aqua Marine. " She said softly but proudly.

" Well she was beautiful. " She said smiling softly. Pearl returned the smile. " Who was that enemy gem?.."

"I don't kn-"

"Why did she want Rose?" Amethyst interrupted Pearl. Pearl grew quiet before responding.

" Well, I suppose because she was the leader of the Rebellion.."

"Why was she so mean? "

"Because she was from Homeworld. "

"Well Lapis was from Homeworld but she's not mean..."

"I don't know Amethyst. I wish I knew why she was mean. But some gems are just like that.." Amethyst looked down growing silent. She began to play with the hem of her shirt. Pearl looked a little concerned. Amethyst never grows quiet.

" Pearl?" Amethyst said breaking her thoughts.

"Yes Amethyst?" Pearl asked softly a little worried what was going to follow.

" R-rose really isn't coming back is s-she? S-she's really gone.." Amethyst asked stuttering. Sounded like she might have been crying.

Pearl felt her heart shatter as she heard Amethyst's question. "No...I'm sorry Amethyst.."

"I-i always just thought....m-maybe she'd come b-back..." Amethyst began to cry softly as she stood up.  Pearl tried to sit up but she heard a sharp voice.

" Don't! "

Amethyst and Pearl both turned to look. They saw Garnet walking towards them.

"G-Garnet!" Amethyst stuttered out wiping her tears away sniffling trying to make it seem like she wasn't crying. 

Garnet stopped and kneeled looking at Amethyst. Pearl tensed up slightly, as did Amethyst. Garnet just gave a small smile opening her arms to Amethyst. 

" Come here." She said softly, as not to wake Lapis either. Amethyst hugged Garnet tightly. Pearl couldn't tell if she had begun to cry again. Pearl smiled softly drifting off to sleep herself. Everything was going to be okay. Rose had to be watching over them.