Deciding

Pearl walked away silently. She could hear a soft gasp from Lapis. It broke Pearl's heart, but she continued to walk down the beach.

She just needed to figure out what she felt. Or, that was her excuse to hersef to walk away. The last time she got connected close to a gem like this, the left her for someone better. Pearl stopped after awhile.

She gazed up at the stars. "What do I do Rose?.." She whispered softly. She saw a shooting star. Pearl let out a soft laugh. " Make a wish I guess.." I wish  I could learn to make up my mind. Pearl thought in her head.

She put a hand to her chest. She cared for Lapis, quiet a lot. But, not as much as Rose, but close enough. She looked out at the water. A wave hit her foot.

She smiled softly, her memory flickering to earlier. When her and Lapis had splashed around nearly all day. She'd never done that with any of the other gems.

Then her memory trailed to when Lapis had shown Pearl her wings and took her for a flight. It had shown her to look at things from a different angle.

Pearl blinked realizing that she really did love Lapis. Pearl straightened up. She turned around smiling. She knew exactly what she had to do.

She took a step but was cut off buy a flash, and then a scream.

Pearl felt as though her gem had just gotten smashed. She knew who's scream that was.

Lapis'.