THE TRUTH

Namjoon POV

I sigh and look at Jin right in the eyes... "Do you really want to know?" I see Jin nod and he takes his hand and interwines his fingers with mine... 

"I won't judge you" he says and I smile a little... 'He really is something else'

"The person on the phone...that day... was my father" I explained.
I see Jin's eye widen. 

I hate him. He's a poor excuse of a human being let alone a father. He doesn't deserve the title. That damn alcoholic. 

"My mother left home because she was simply tired of my father's fuck ups...so she fled... Didn't give a damn, and once she did that's when the nightmares started... I don't know what I did wrong but yeah..." I still hear that bastard in my mind...everyday... 

 '"Get to work already you lazy bum, and don't make me wait for my dinner tonight I'm going out with my boys."

He would scream to my face every morning. I know why mother left when she did. I just wish she had the heart to take me with her.

Bitch...  "Now I'm left taking care of this fucking child. Aka my father.  When I start getting ready to leave to my temporary part time job... he always comes drunk and decides to beat me, but I still go to work. I swear it's the only income we get...which is to pay this fucking rat trap home...Does he work? No... we use my salary. I'm the only one paying bills mean meanwhile also trying to keep my GPA high, or I get another beat down." I take a deep breath before I continued.

"I've wanted to run away but I have nowhere else to go or anyone that would be willing to take in a 19 year old who pumps gas for a living. Obviously, life at home could have been better. I don't blame my mom for leaving us. She had the right to a life she didn't deserve. I still hate her though. I still don't get why she didn't take me with her. Some family I have right. I don't know what it feels like to have a real family."  I start holding back tears. 

What is a family?  

"Namjoon" I look up to see Jin... crying....

Jin POV

'Joonie' I can't believe that is what his life back in Seoul is. I never would've imagine how that feels like... I mean I know a bit, but to his extent. I am speechless. 

Without thinking I throw myself to him and give him the tightest hug I can do. "I am so sorry to have brought this up" I whisper and feel his arm come around me to hug me back. 

"Don't worry...It actually feels a bit better now that I shared it with you." this makes my heart skip a beat. "I feel a bit free besides that means I am forgiven right" he continues. 

"Namjoon" I pull a bit back and made him look at me... This isn't about that anymore.. After knowing the truth I can completely ignore that dare, but now I have a bigger concern.

 "Why don't you come live with my mom and me?" I asked. 

Wait! Did I just asking what I think I just did?! //.// omg!! 

"Hahaha babe, are you trying to move to the next step already?" he laughed and I shake my hands with my red tomato face. 

"Aniii! I didn't--- I mean--- NO!! I am just scared because you came here...without permission and what if he does something bad to you... I don't---I don't want you to get hurt." I finished looking at him. I really don't want him to go back to such environment. I know what it was like...

"Joonie... I know what it's like to be in a family that one person abuses of someone....", I take a deep breath... I haven't spoken of this to anyone but to Jimin and Yoongi... I think it is only fair that if Namjoon told me of his problems... I do the same.

"My father... he would beat my mom for no reason since I was just in elementary school... I grew up scared of him since then, but once I reached middle school the beatings came to me. I--I," by now my tears were falling, "I stood up for my mom who I just couldn't handle see suffering and well I got my first beating.... it only got worse from there... beating from belts, to items thrown at me, but my mom always cared for me... she had tried to leave but no matter where we left he would find us later.. One night, he---he tried to take advantage of me.. And that scared me... if it hadn't been for Yoongi coming over I think he actually would've done it... but this made me runaway from home... When my mom found out she asked Yoongi's mom if I could stay over to keep me save... I was so scared Namjoon," I turn to look at him, "I left without my mom for a month when she finally was able to go to the police office and get him arrested...." I was shivering and suddenly Namjoon pulled me to him, caressing my head so gently.

"It's okay Jin you don't need to say anything else.." I shake my head, if he was able to give me his story I can do the same... Its the least he deserved...

"My mom lived in fear that he would find us again.... He was imprisoned but my mom didn't want to stay here and live with the fear that he might get out and search for us... so we---we moved to Seoul..." Namjoon just patted my head and I felt relieved... I told him my story and instead of pulling away from me... he hugged me...

"I am sorry you had to go through that... but trust me..." Namjoon pulls me look at him, and all I do is stare, as he wipes my tears away, "I will protect you". I nod I know I can trust him.

"Promise me if something bad goes down on your house... it doesn't matter what time or day... please come to my house... My mom and I will welcome you with open arms... Please... You are no longer alone... you have my mom, Jimin, Yoongi and me..." I see him lean in and kiss my forehead.

"I promise" he says and then he leans down to my lips. I close my eyes and then I feel his lips on mine. 

Namjoon POV

'This is what love feels like... I had completely forgotten about this feelings'.