Flashback: The Eye Patch

Start from the beginning

"Alright then it's settled, we'll all be nutcrackers for Christmas. Let's go home and finish decorating." Fury kneels down and picks up his daughter. She kisses him on the cheek and hugs him.

"Sure thing baby girl."

"Hey dad, uncle Coulson since we're out how about can we make that gingerbread house we promised?" Annabelle asked.

"Hmm what do you think Fury?" Coulson asked. Annabelle looks at her father and cups his cheeks.

"Can we dad? Can we, can we?" Annabelle asked with her puppy dog eyes. Coulson does the same thing. Fury rolls his eyes and chuckles.

"Alright you two let's make a gingerbread house."

"Yes." Annabelle and Coulson high five each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back at the Fury&Coulson home Annabelle is jumping up and down in excitement while her father and uncle pull out the frosting, gram crackers and candy.

"We're gonna make house, were gonna make a house. We're gonna make house and then we're gonna eat it." Annabelle sang. Coulson laughs at his niece.

"Alright come on Annabelle." Coulson kneels down and open his arms. Annabelle walks into his arms and wraps her arms around him. He picks her up and sits her on the stool. Fury puts on an apron on his daughter so she won't make too much of a mess.

"Alright Annabelle, what kind of house should we make?" Fury asked.

"Let's make our house. I'll make us out of the candy." Annabelle told.

"Sounds good, uncle and I will get started on the on the house." Fury told.

Annabelle starts making the candy people while Fury and Coulson carefully make the house. Annabelle draws her family on the gingerbread people. Fury and Coulson carefully build and decorate the gingerbread house. Annabelle starts decorate her dad as a a gingerbread man before she starts she looks up at her ten back at gingerbread Coulson and her. She pouts and puts the frosting down. Fury glances over at her.

"What's wrong baby girl? You out of frosting?" He asked.

"No...I have enough." She pouted.

"What's wrong then Captain Annabelle?"

"...daddy...never mind." Annabelle continues to decorate the cookies. Fury looks out the window and sees snow falling down.

"Annabelle look outside." Annabelle looks up and gasps.

"Snow! Can I go play in the back daddy?" Annabelle smiled.

"Go put on your coat and boots okay? And only for a little bit I don't want you getting sick." Fury told.

"Thank you." Annabelle hops down from the stool and takes off her apron. She dashes upstairs to put on her snow clothes. Coulson looks over at Annabelle's gingerbread men. He notices that Fury gingerbread man has one eye.

"Fury?" Coulson said.

"Yeah?"

"Did you tell." Annabelle comes running down the stairs all bundle up.