Chapter 16

Milly's pov:

The school day had finally ended and I was so happy that I could stop ignoring my brothers for this long, although if Kaila found out that I still communicated with them at home she would continue making me go through living hell.

I decide to walk home to make sure Kaila won't "accidentally" see me talking to my brothers. It's crazy what jealousy can do too people, how would my brothers talking to me take their attention off of her, if they don't like her in the first place she wouldn't even have to feel the need to make them stop having any verbal contact with me, right???

While walking home I see that Mike and Ben have both tried to call me but I ignore both of them, even though it's rude, it's to help them in the end, now they won't have to keep worrying about me and worry about themselves and each other more.

I put in my music and just look at the nature around me and take time to really appreciate the environment around me, so beautiful. I'm finally free to enjoy the beautiful parts of life without having to worry about Kaila and the twins breathing down my beck, I feel... happy.
Something that I've had to fake around my brothers and their friends for the longest time.

Only Ruby had ever known about what really happened to me and how I really felt, but know I can't tell her about the deal Kaila made with me for the violence to stop and while that makes me sad as it means betraying Ruby, I hope she understands that it's for the best, it's the only way to help my brothers.

I finally arrive home and find out it took me a little over an hour to walk home, wow, time really does pass fast when you're having fun. I walk through the gates to our house, first going through all the safety features we have at the gates before entering the house.

Once I open the door I'm bombarded with worried questions, shouts about how answering my phone is necessary and angry looks gracing almost all of their faces.

Jace, Xavier, Mike, Dan and Luca all look close to livid, which is kind of silly because all I did was walk home? Blake, Ben, Marco and Sam all look worried and relieved, for which I don't know... and Joe looks over the moon and a bit worried.

Ahhh yes, Ruby did mention to me that Joe had asked her out, I never realized that he had romantic feelings towards Ruby, gosh I am such a bad sister.

Holy squirtles! What if he thinks that I don't care about him because I never recognized his emotions towards my biffle???

I rush over towards Joe, ignoring the others as kindly as possible, before standing up on the couch and grabbing his cheeks with both my hands, effectively squishing his face to make him look like a puffer fish, giving him a worried look.

"Joe, do you hate me because I never recognized how you truly felt for Ruby? I'm really sorry that I didn't realize, but you never told me and Ruby had never mentioned her feelings towards you, granted, now that I think about it, anytime someone would mention you or you would sit with us she would go a bit pink in the face, but that's beside the point. I just thought she was too warm? But back to the point, do you hate me know?? I'm so so sorry I didn't realize Joe, I would've helped you if i had realized you like her." I tell him, a bit hurt that he mightn't of trusted me enough to tell me.

"Is it cause you don't trust telling me?" I ask him, my voice a lot quieter than before, trembling a bit before tears start to come out, uncontrollable tears that keep falling even though I try to stop them.
Everyone starts to crowd around me, telling me that It's not my fault and that all of them trust me and they didn't not tell me because of that, they just didn't want things to be awkward around Ruby, Joe and I.

I know they were probably right about all the reasons they were giving me, but i still couldn't help but feel as though Joe just didn't trust me enough to tell me about who he liked, whether or not she was my best friend.

With the feelings of rejection, the pain of all their hugs against my still forming bruises and hurt clouding my judgement, I rush up to my room, still having tears streaming down my face, balled hand covering my mouth so that no whimpers or fetal sounding noises came out of my mouth unintentionally. Once I close my door, i jump into my bathroom, take off all the makeup I put on to cover the fresh bruises I had received that morning, put on some pain relieving cream, changed my clothing for pyjamas and hopped into my bed, the whole while tears running down my face and feelings of guilt and hurt over running my entire body.

I try and ignore all my feelings and lay my head down on one of the pillows on the head of pillows that were strategically placed om my bed to make it look as aesthetically pleasing as possible, before willing myself to fall asleep.

Between my tiring thoughts and physical pain slowly decreasing, I finally found enough peace to fall into a deep, tired and well deserved sleep.

Ben's POV:

Milly, rushed upstairs, tears rushing down her small face and her hand pushed up against her mouth, poorly attempting to cover her sounds of pain. It hurts all of us that she believes we don't trust her, especially since she has had to trust us so much since mum and dad passed away.

Mike, Xavier and Blake turn around to look at Joe and give him a glare.

"Smoothly done idiot."

"Now she thinks none of us trust her stupid."

"Why didn't you just tell her you liked her friend? Would've saved us a hell of a lot of emotions and tears."

"Come on guys, he didn't know Ruby would tell her about their date, or that she would react like that. Let's just let her calm down, we'll go see her soon ok?" I say, trying to avoid any unnecessary confrontation.

"Yeah, yeah, ok. We also have to ask her about why she didn't return any of our calls-" Yeah and why she even decided to walk home, we had the cars so what was the point of that?" Dan and Luca say, Luca interrupting Dan as one always does to the other.

"We should ask if she's ok after finding out her best friend and one of her brothers going out as well, maybe she's feeling confused about the whole ordeal we're in." Marco tells us, being the level-headed triplet.

We all nod in agreement, and after collecting a couple snacks and drinks in case we're up there with Milly for a while, before walking upstairs to her room.

It turned out that we had been talking and snack picking for over forty-five minutes... I blame Sam and Luca fighting over who got the last bag of salt and vinegar chips.

We all enter her room pretty much all at once and when we walk in we're surprised by what we see.

Milly is sleeping in her bed, looking quite peaceful but a bit in pain, with pillows "strategically" surrounding her and one under her head, with the covers pulled high up.

We all walk towards her and Xavier shakes one of her shoulders lightly to wake her up, to which she stirs and wakes up, still sleepy she sits up in bed and yawns.

She must've been really tired poor poppet. wait. Is that a... bruise? On her neck? and another two on her left arm? and another really large one on her right arm?

"What the f*ck!?" Blake shouts, enraged.

"I know you bruise easily and all that sh*t, but this is too many, come on?!" Jace screams.

"You better tell us how you got these straight away missy because I swear to god if someone is hurting you and WE let them get away with it for this long I will kill the f*ck*r who thought it was ok to physically harm OUR little sister, MY little sister!?" Mike growls, seriously pissed.

And so am I, I'm so pissed that all those meditation classes and b*llsh*t anger management classes meant nothing. I storm out of the room with Mike and Blake on my tail and start to f*ck sh*t up. Out of the whole family, us three are the most hot-headed, Me being the most hot headed by far, but I went to anger management classes for about two years because of how bad it was and meditation for five years running, but f*ck that.

Someone has hurt my little sister, and for that, hell will pay.