Chapter 15

1/2 hours later-

Milly's POV:

"Just stay away from them and we'll stop."

"I'm sorry, but it's a bit hard to not be in contact with your family." I say weakly as Marina delivers another blow towards my stomach.

Gosh. It hurts. So much.

"Just figure it out ok? Your supposed to be SUPER SMART! Don't talk, look, or like, think about them and you'll be fine. Kay?" Kaila says, ending menacingly.

I've tried. I've dealt with this for a year now and I can't do it anymore.

I-I give in. They win.

"Fine. I'll try. Just please stop with all this." I say, feeling tired.

This way, my brothers won't have to be worried about me anymore. Plus, they won't be suspicious of my having bruises since this abuse will stop.

"Good girl. I guess you are smart in the end. Don't talk to them and if they talk to you don't reply and we'll leave you alone." Kaila says, smirking in victory.

"But what if they ask me why i'm acting different?"

"Ughh. Fine, you can talk to them, but only to make excuses, if i see you talking to them and I don't like what I see then you'll know. Let's go girls. We're done here."Kaila replies, disgust masking her tone at the end.

"Oh how sad, it was just getting good." Melissa says as Marina cackles in agreement.

"Well, bye." Kaila says already walking away with the twins right behind her.

Once there gone I let out a sigh of relief that they're finally leaving me alone and go to the nearest female bathroom to tidy up.

Once in there I make sure that no-ones in there and cover up my already forming bruises with... Foundation that's the name!... That Ruby had given me for my 14th birthday.

Once all my bruises are covered I come out of the bathroom and go to 2nd period, english, and see that I've already missed a good chunk of it.

I quickly, but sincerely, apologise to Mr Bodhill (pronounced bo-deal) and go to a seat next to Ruby.

"Girl where the freak were you? I was waiting for you but you never came! Like seriously?" Ruby whisper screamed at me.

Poo, i knew Ruby would have waited for me! Now I feel really bad, even if I didn't exactly have control over the situation, and never will.

"You know what? It doesn't matter. I've got news i need to tell you!" Ruby squealed making me sigh in thanks, internally of course!

After Ruby tells me her news I'll tell her about what happened. Nome of my brothers know about it, but Ruby does. Not on Purpose, she just accidentally saw Kaila and the other two being meanies to me once and I kind of had to tell her what was going on.

"What happened Ruby? Does Nico like pygmy possoms just like you too or something?!" I ask her teasingly. Nico is apparently Ruby's new conquest, although i don't think she's really interested in him. I don't think she's ever that interested in her "crushes", she just uses them to cover up for something else. Hey, I may be dense, but i now know Ruby well enough to recognise when she's lying to me, which, truth be told, does hurt, considering I tell her everything.

"No, definitely not, Nico isn't even THAT cute, like, tbh. But no, Joe asked me out! And I said yes! I've liked him for so long now. I know that it might be a bit awkward considering he's your older brother and all but.." Ruby said so excited that she had to stop to catch her breathe.

Well, this most definitely is quite some unexpected news. You know, I did not see this coming at all. Were they obvious about their feelings? I don't feel like they were, did I miss something?

But I am happy for them, they're good for each other, most definitely. They'll make a cute pair.

"I'm happy for you Ruby, I really am. Just don't hurt each other, toxic relationships aren't really necessary in life. Not saying your relationship will be toxic but just in case!" I say, stressing at the end. I hope she didn't take offence by that, it was totally an accident.

"Thank god your ok with it! If you weren't I don't know what i would've done! All i know though, is that were going out with him tonight and I can't wait! I can already tell that we'll have a really honest and open relationship, ya know?!" Ruby says, so excited she's basically glowing.

Wait. If she's dating my brother and she wants to be completely honest with him, that means I can't tell her about what Kaila and the twins said to me, she'd have to tell Joe, who would tell the others, who would confront the girls, who would most likely kill me!

Oh god. I'm alone in all of this now.

"Well I'm happy for you Ruby." I tell her, a bit more reserved know that I realised that I won't be able to tell Ruby about the no talking to brothers policy.

The bell for first period went off and we walked off to first period, and I tried to forget about how the day began.

Lunch

At lunch time I quickly got my lunch from the cafeteria, which consisted of an apple, half of a ham and cheese sandwich and a bottle of water, before trying to go to the library. If I go to the library then I've got a reason for not sitting with my brothers. I would have just sat down with them and not talked, but knowing my brothers they would realise something was wrong with me in a few minutes. They always worried too much about me, which really isn't necessary.

I'm almost out of the cafeteria when I get stopped by two large hands on my shoulders. I jump a bit, startled by the hands, looking up only to see Dan and Luca, which grins on their faces.

"Hey Mils, where you going?" "Not trying to get away from us are you? Because you know we'll never leave our little marshmallow alone." Dan, followed by Luca, say, squeezing my cheeks at the end. They let go of my cheeks and I rub them bit, them hurting due to the tight grib they had on them.

"Um, I'm going to the library for lunch, bye!" I say quietly, as to not grasp to much attention, wanting to avoid another run in with the three meanies.

Before i can take more than a couple steps, two long bodies step in front of me. Mason and Mike. Really? I just got away from two and now i need to get around two more people? Why?

"And just why do you need to go to the library, huh poppet? Is it to meet some boy? because I swear to god if it is i will kill a b**ch." Mike says, getting angrier by the second. Why does he always huff and puff like the big bad wolf? I'm pretty sure the whole family is human, so why so scary?

"No no no. It's nothing like that. I uh, I just want to read a book that I started, that's all. So i'll see you guys at home. By guys, Mason." I say, finally running away from the crowd.

Well if that wasn't a stressful struggle, I dont know what is.