Chapter 5

(Skip to Art) Milly's POV:

"So, how are you liking this year yet Ruby? Having fun! If not than I can get you some chocolate or something?" I ask Ruby, nervous about her response.

"I'm fine Milly. Just a bit bored, but we have art now so hopefully we'll have fun!" Ruby states, trying to sound optimistic. I play along to make her happy.

"Yeah, I heard from other students that Ms Willis is really nice and hippy, so hopefully we'll be able to have fun!" I say back enthusiastically. The last lesson we had was Maths and we weren't together, Me being in the advanced class. Her teacher was really boring so Maths was a drag for Ruby. I felt bad because my math teacher was wonderful.

"I think that Aiden's in our Art class.' I told Ruby, expecting her to be happy. She sighed, wearily and told me in a tired voice, "Yeah. He was nice but so not interested in me. He was more interested in finding out how i was in relation with you." Ruby telling me this made me sad. Why couldn't he make her happy like he's supposed too? And what's so amazing about me? Ruby's an amazing gal!

I think Ruby could tell I felt guilty because she quickly added, "It's not your fault Milly. I guess he just likes brunettes? Plus, you are really pretty." Ruby told me, with a sad smile.

She finally had gotten someone who could take her mind off of Grace's departure, and he fudging blew it! Hopefully he had a good reason. I wonder why he wanted to know how Ruby new me, probably because i was frantically looking for her this morning!

"I'm gonna ask him why he doesn't like you Rubs, because your the most amazing and brilliant girl I know!" I tell her with determination. Ruby looked a little shocked but at the same time was smirking. She seemed to find it funny that I didn't know the new boy liked me???

I walked up to Aiden who was talking with Dylan. Dylan and I were pretty good friends, although not that close because he always seemed to be cautious about what he did around me?

"Hello guys. How are you? Excited for gym?" I ask, trying to start a conversation. " Umm.. Yeah. Aiden and I were just talking about trying out for the football team this year." Dylan told me, nervously.

"Ohhh... really! My brother Mike is captain of the football team! If you want i could ask him when try outs are?" I told them enthusiastically. I didn't see Dylan as one to try out for football, he seemed like more of a soccer player, but oh well!

"Sooo, anyways. I was wondering if i could ask you something, Aiden?" I asked Aiden, my facial expression wondering. "Uhhh, sure." Aiden replied.

"Why don't you like Ruby?" I asked him, generally curious. "Because I like someone else." He told me, he looked nervous but was smirking. "Oh, well can you tell Ruby that you want to be friends?" I ask him politely.

"Why?" He asked me. "Because I think that Ruby likes you and if your friends than it's better than nothing. Plus, she's really kind and funny, great friend material!" I tell him, trying to sell the idea.

"Ok, I'll be friends wit her, but only if I can also become friends with you." He told me, thinking I wouldn't agree to it. Of course I said ok, which surprised him. I mean, who wouldn't want more friends? Win Win situation.

"Well Bye guys, nice talking but Ms Willis is here, so Bye!" I told the two of them.

I walked back to Ruby and explained the whole thing to her and she looked happy afterwards. For the rest of Art we just got to know each other throughout the class and talk about art.

(Lunch):

"Hey Milly, Ruby." Marco says to Ru and I, being the first one to get his lunch. "Hey Marky. How's your day been so far? Do you have any classes with Luca or Dan?" I ask Marco, curious about how his day has been.