Chapter 13

Blake's POV:

Once Milly was asleep, I just looked down at her and ignored the movie and the others for a few minutes. Our little sister has always been my brothers and I's only weakness. Sure, we love each other, but if something happened to one of us, we wouldn't be that upset.

I remember when Sam broke his arm falling out of a tree and being taken to the hospital. None of us were particularly worried as we all knew that he could deal with it and was stong enough. Milly, of course, freaked out and started crying and was worried like crazy, bless her soul.

But if anything happened to Milly, I don't know what we would do to be honest. Milly was, for some of us including me, the main reason we lived. After our parents death, Mike's anger issues developed, Jace became a bit of a workaholic and I became cold and distant towards everyone, except Milly and occasionally Xavier.

It's true when people say that I'm basically a person carved out of stone. I show little to no emotion around people and tend to dislike most people I meet almost immediately.

But around Milly, it's different. She's always been the most important person in my life, and most likely my brothers lives as well, and I don't believe that's ever going to change. She's the only weakness in this world that I truly have, the only on of my siblings I care and worry about 100% of the time.

You might be thinking, wow, this guy is crazy. I would too, but the thing is, you haven't met Milly. She's one of the few people in this imperfect world who actually worry about others more than themselves and cares more about others than themselves. She goes out of her way to be kind to people, even if they aren't necessarily the kindest or prettiest person, she still cares about them.

Looking down at my small, fragile, little sister, I know that even though she is pretty much an angel on earth, there's always going to be a few people who will want what she has or try and walk over her light, and I also know that even though she might put on a tough facade, she needs us more than she realises. She needs us, amost as much as we need her.

After a couple more seconds of staring at her, I snap out of my gaze and look up at the others and the movie.

I see than Jay, Sam, Luca and Ruby have all fallen asleep. Ben and Jace have gone off somewhere, Marco, Dan and Joe are watching the movie, Mike and Mase are talking about something in hushed voices, Taylor and Tom are on their phones and Xavier and Alex are having a conversation about something serious. Always is with those two.

I see that Joe keeps on looking at Ruby a few times a minute when I realise that he still has his childhood crush on Ruby, sucker. If there's one thing I've learnt in life, it's not to fall for someone. Than again, what do I know? I'm a heartless player who uses girls as easily as a person uses a toothbrush. I'm not proud of it, but at the same time, I honestly do not care.

I move Milly so that she's laying on a couple of seats, only for her to instantly be picked up by Mike. Not surprised, Him, Xavier and Jace are always the ones who fight the most over Milly. I saw Xavier hesitate to pick her up out of the corner of my eye, but when he saw Mike get there first he gave a quick glare and sat back down.

I made my way over to Xavier and whispered into his ear on the side Alex wasn't on

"Joey-boy seems to have a little crush on Ruby, don't you think that we should tell him to make a move before someone else does?" I inform him. Xavier goes from shocked to calculating. He then nods and stands up.

We both walk over to where Joe is sitting and then shake his arm to get his attention. "Joe, come with us, we need to talk about something." Xavier whisper shouts across to Joe. Joe nods and stands up and we lead him to the hallway.

"So, when were you going to tell us that you had a school-boy crush on Ruby? Or should I ask, when were you going to tell Ruby?" I ask him teasingly, and yes, I am smirking.

Joe goes bright red and looks embarrassed that we realised.

"How in hell do you guys know?" He whisper shouts, probably wanting to keep this conversation hidden.

"Please, your staring at her every few seconds kind of gave you away man, and you always getting jealous and angry whenever she talks to another guy." Xavier says, snorting a bit.

"Dude, you need to ask her out!" I inform him.

"I can't! She would never say yes, I bet she doesn't even like me... In that way." He says, sounding sad. Xavier looks a bit sad to see one of his younger brothers looking so sullen, but I don't really care. He should grow up and deal with this like a man.

"Well she's not going to want to date you if your acting like a scared little boy, be a man! Do you really wanna sit back and watch her be snatched away by some other guy?" I ask him, knowing how to push people's buttons.

I see Joe's face go stoney and his fists clench and know that I got the reaction I wanted.

After a few more minutes of intense gruelling, Joe finally cracks. "Fine, fine. I'll ask Ruby out, ok? On monday I'll ask her out." Joe says, laughing along with us. Xav gives a short chuckle, being the boring and serious twin he is, while I give a full on chuckle and give Joe a nuggy.

We all have a small rest after laughing and then walk back into the theatre room. I see that the movie has only a few minutes left and see that Luca had waken up and was now looking very disgruntled and confused.

God I wish I had my phone to take a pic of the look on his face. Classic!

I sat back down next Tom and he gave me a look but carries on playing on his phone. I text him telling him that Xavier and I had gotten Joe to ask Ruby out on monday.

He snorts a bit and turns to look at me. "He still got that childhood crush?" He asks me.

"How'd you know that?" I ask him, did I tell him once? Can't remember, oh well.

"Dude, literally everyone knows. All you gotta do is notice the looks of longing he gives Ruby all the time, the only people that haven't noticed are Ruby.... oh, and MilPill of course!" Tom exclaims.

So everyone knew about his crush all along??? And MilPill? what kind of nickname is that. I don't like it.

Not.At.All