Ch. 25 - The end?

He carefully set you down inside of a little, rotting cottage. It reeked of old water and something else... The burning of an old console?
"Stay with me, Y/N..." He mumbled, seemingly to reassure himself that you would be okay.
Your muscles were sore. From what? Loss of blood? Nausea took over, you doubled over, vomiting next to you. Creepypasta stories were never pretty.
But this one could be. You wiped your mouth with your sleeve and looked over at Ben lovingly. He had a worried look on his face. Who would've thought that you could grow so fond of somebody you were once afraid of?
He leaned closer, landing a kiss on your forehead, pressing his hand on the back of your neck.
"I... We can't go back." He said, in a hush voice.
"To the Creepypasta mansion?" You asked, the sour taste of bitter vomit and coppery blood still at the tip of your tongue.
Ben stood up, and, as you followed him with your eyes, you took a good look at your surroundings.
A two-story building by the looks of it,(stairs at the edge of the room) with an open kitchen filled with rusty appliances that seemed unused for ages, a faded blue sofa, and the hot, burning console you had smelled earlier.
"Yeah. I got... Kicked out."
"Kicked out? You're not a proxy, you-"
"I can't live there anymore. I can't because of you." There was a ting of blame in his voice, and it stung like a knife to the chest. Was this his way of telling you that he didn't want to be with you anymore? Had you ever been a thing? Perhaps not, even if you had thought so.
What if he still saw you the way he did when you first met him: an untouchable mortal, interesting, only something to observe and preserve under close watch. Somebody to stalk.
You stayed silent. He wasn't looking at you. Was this the end?